14

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

Reader POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Julius asked with a serious face.

I nodded. "I plan to avenge my family and ending the Dark Triad and the three devils is the way I know I can."

Julius looked at all nine captains and they nodded. "Very well. I have no objections."

Fuegeleon stood up. "Are all of you prepared to fight?"

"Yes, now sit down, fire-brain," Yami said lazily. "My squad has ties with the Diamond and Heart Kingdom. Our allies there will join us."

"How can we trust them?" Charlotte said. "No offense, but-"

"Really, Prickly Queen?" The Captain of the Black Bulls slammed his hands on the oak table. "I don't get it. You all trust (y/n) yet you don't trust the others?"

Kaiser spoke up. "We trust Queen Lolopechta and the Heart Kingdom. But the Diamond Kingdom hasn't been exactly trustworthy."

"If Yami says they can be trusted, then they can be trusted," Julius said calmly before an argument broke out. "I trust his judgment."

The Wizard King turned to me. "We called Miss (l/n) here because she knows the terrain of the Spade Kingdoms. Listen to her well and we will prepare an attack.

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

The sunset on the horizon was beautiful.

"Tomorrow, everything will go down to Hell," I whispered. I was sitting on the snowy roof of the Clover Castle.

I gripped the pendant Nozel got for me.

No matter what happens, I will avenge everyone.

At the first stroke of dawn, the Magic Knights and other guards would meet up with the two other Kingdoms at the Grand Magic Zone and through the mining tunnels, they would attack the Spade Kingdom at six points.

Underground, in the air, north, east, south, and west.

Each Captain leading up to this point knew the tunnels since I had given them a precise map of the tunnels and traps, along with areas of high magic concentration that would serve them well.

The shrieks of wind roared in my ear as my hands grew red from the cold.

"(y/n)!"

I turned around and saw Nozel on the roof as well.

"What are you doing?" He scolded. "I can't have you getting sick before we go off to war, you idiot."

He carried me into the castle and set me down in front of the fireplace, wrapping me in a blanket and giving me a warm cup of (winter beverage).

He himself settled for hot chocolate.

"(y/n)?" He spoke up after taking a sip of his drink. "I want you to be honest with me. Are you alright with returning to the Spade Kingdom?"

I searched his eyes and they had nothing but concern.

I had told him how the Dark Triad had gotten powerful mages to become 'leaves' on this tree to summon every demon into this world. They had killed everyone else.

"I must," I said. "I want to avenge everyone they killed."

He nodded, accepting this answer. "I just want you to know that if we don't make it out alive, I really love you."