The prophecy

Draco walked into the Slytherin common room and watched the flames. "Are you alright Draco?" Blaise came up to him, with a furrowed eyebrow. Draco glanced at him. "Yeah, apart from the fact a fifth year Welsh wizard is going to kill Professor McGonnagall, and I have to help him." Blaise chuckled "Who said you have to help him?" Draco smirked. "Professor McGonnagall." 

"BLAISE! DON'T LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE FOR MERLIN'S SAKE!" A girls voice rang from upstairs, Draco raised an eyebrow. "Helping her with homework." Blaise lied. Draco nodded with a smiled on his face. "Yeah sure. I'll pretend I believe you." Blasie laughed and went back up the stairs.

************************************************************************

Draco was in his ancient runes class. It had become mandatory, Draco watched the Professor as he droned on. Draco rolled his eyes. Out of all classes, he HAD to attend this one. Draco felt something cool spread across his left forearm. He looked down. It was silver. "Shit." Draco mumbled. Just then, something fantastic happened. Someone had let off Peruvian darkness powder. Everything became pitch black. Draco took this chance. He desperately rolled his sleeve, he pressed his fingers to his dark mark and he apparated.

It was a  horrible feeling.

Draco arrived to find Bryn standing in the drawing room. "We're waiting for the meeting to start." Bryn stated, Draco nodded. "I think you should have a look at this." Bryn handed Draco a yellowish piece of parchment. Draco tried to read it, but it was in Welsh. "What does it mean?" Bryn smirked at Draco's question. "That parchment, makes you, my Godfather." Draco's jaw dropped. "Is that legal? I mean, I'm only seventeen." Bryn smiled at Draco's panic. "It's legal, and it means, that if my parents die of any reason. You are responsible for me. I practically turn into your legal son."

Then Severus Snape walked in. Draco's Godfather. "The meeting is going to begin." He ushered them into a gloomy room. They all sat down. 

"Ah Bryn. Our new death eater. And I'm sure Draco, heard about the parchment. Of becoming your Godfather." Narcissa and Lucius's eyes widened to the size of Galleons.

"Yes My Lord." Draco and Bryn chanted in unison. 

"Now, WORMTAIL! BRING THE PROPHECY!" Peter Pettigrew (AKA Wormtail) walked in sheepishly. "Shall I read it? My Lord?" Voldemort cackled. "No. Hand it to Jane here." Jane, a young Blond haired witch took the parchment and began to read:

Two are born

 Two shall die

One shall see within the eye

The other speaks, but not be heard.

Whilst the other may control World

Both shall live

For they have not died

A sister will need of a brother

As a brother will need of a sister.

None shall die in vain

If one dies young

And their blood is spilt

They will be drained to the bone

Forced to live as shells.

Brother of a sister

Sister of a brother

Sibling of a sibling

Born of Blood, flesh and bone.

And dead of death.

She finished solemnly. "Lucius! Have you solved it?" Voldemort snarled. Lucius gulped, "Parts, My Lord." Voldemort slightly smiled. "Tell me what you know." 

"Well, 'Two are born' suggests twins, for twins are born at the same time. 'Two shall die' suggests the same. 'One shall see within the eye' it suggests that one will have the ability to read minds and see into others lives. 'The other speaks, but not to be heard' that suggests the power to freeze time. 'Whilst the other may control the World' now this doesn't mean they will rule the planet. It means they can manipulate nature. And that's as far as I know." Voldemort looked blank. "Very well, the rest is just gibberish."

Draco had secretly been copying the prophecy down. If there was one person who could solve it, it was Hermione Granger.

"You may all go."

Everyone apparated out in a heartbeat.

Draco appeared in the Head's common room.

Hermione was sat on a black sofa scribbling down information from a 10cm thick book.

"Granger?" Draco asked sheepishly. Hermione's quill stopped scratching the paper, she looked up and gave a small smile. "Yes Malfoy?" Draco fished in his pocket for the prophecy. "I found this at my house, it's a prophecy and I thought, if anyone could solve it. It would be you." Hermione tried to contain a grin, no one had complimented her on her intelligence for a long time. Everyone expected it. "Let's have a look." Draco grinned and handed her the piece of paper. She cocked her head.

"Right. The first bit talks about two children, and then it talks about their abilities. And the last bit, the last bit is so," She looked thoughtful and tried to find a word, "Mysterious and enchanting. If one dies, the other one will  become powerless and completely helpless. 'And dead of death' what could that mean?" She looked up at Draco, he was looking down at his left forearm. Hermione dropped the paper abruptly. "What's wrong?" Draco looked down at her. "I'm a Godfather." Hermione began to laugh, but faded after seeing Draco remain solemn. "Oh! Is that even legal." Draco nodded. "Completely. Snape was my Godfather, before I was even born." Hermione tilted her head, "How old was he?" 

"Eleven."

"Who's your godchild?"

"Bryn Jones, that Welsh boy."  

"Why?" 

"Hermione I rather wouldn't talk -" 

He stopped when he saw her eyes as wide as galleons. 

"Did you just call me Hermione?" 

"Um, yes?"

"Anyway Draco, why do you need this prophecy." 

Draco looked down at his forearm. 
Hermione gulped.

"Can I see it? Your dark mark?"

Draco sighed shakily and pulled his sleeve up.

"Is it burned in?"

"For life."