Help from a wolf

Draco had taken Lilli to the edge of the forbidden forest. Draco looked at it fondly. He remembered his detention in first year. 

Lilli looked petrified. She had met a werewolf in a forest before. Her parents had got there just in time. 

Draco wanted to grieve his parents. But he couldn't, he had to be strong for Lilli. If he, her Godfather, began to grieve. Imagine how she would act.

Draco began to walk into the dark trees. But he heard no footsteps behind him. He turned around to see Lilli, with red, puffy eyes, standing, glued to the spot. Draco sighed gently.

He picked her up and took her into the forest. She dug her face into his shoulder. 

After walking into the gloomy forest for a few minutes, (which had felt like hours) Lilli had fallen asleep. "At least she can't cry in her sleep." He muttered. Draco raised his wand to the non-visible sky. 

"Lobo." He muttered, trying to keep Lilli steady.

Then he heard the response he wanted. 

A Wolf's howl. 

That was one of his friends. They met when they were five and became good friends.

That friend was a wild animagus. That meant that he had the ability to go to Hogwarts and be a wizard. But he decided to live in his animagus form. 

 Draco lowered his wand and began to walk forward.

************************************************************************************

After walking for what seemed to be two gruelling hours. He finally found him. 

A black and white wolf approached him, it's blue eyes scanned Lilli. "That's my God-daughter. Promise me you won't eat her." The wolf gave a small nod. 

The wolf turned into his human self. "Hello Draco. You've grown since you were fifteen." The wolf smirked. "So have you Tristan." Draco answered. "It's called human growth." 

Tristan smirked. Despite being a wolf animagus, Tristan dressed in muggle clothes. 

"So what happened? And why do you have a God-daughter?"

Draco sighed and began to explain.

"I had a cousin called Miriam, she told me to take her to the Parkinson manor. There was a fight between a handful of death eaters and the order of the Phoenix. Her death eater parents were in there. When we went in we found them dead. Miriam told me to go and find Lilli. I did. When I came back to get Miriam. She was dead. I happened to be Lilli and Miriam's God-father. And I'm also the God-father of a fifth year Welsh, death eater, wizard." 

"That's nice." Tristan chuckled. "So why did you call on me?" 

"I need you to take care of Lilli. I'm going back to the Parkinson manor. I need to know if my parents are dead." Tristan's eyes widened to the size of galleons. "I can't take care of her. But my sister can......" 

"Anyone you trust is good enough." Tristan turned wolf and howled again. A wolf howled back and the next thing a light brown wolf was running towards them. The wolf turned human. She looked about fifteen. Her hair was long and light brown and her eyes were hazel. 

"What's her name?" 

"Lilli."

"She's your God-daughter?"

"Yes."

She took Lilli and Draco apparated to the Parkinson manor.

It looked destroyed, he pushed the burned door open. Inside lay death eaters. All with glazed looks in their eyes. He also saw Miriam. 

He walked in, he didn't care if he was walking in blood or not. 

"Trako." He muttered. He saw a picture of his parents. It was a tracking spell. He saw his mother, she looked terrified. But she was in this manor. 

*****************************************************************************************

He looked in every room of the manor. Maybe she was dead. Maybe that image was from two hours ago.

"Harry why are we here?!" Ron's voice rang from the doorway of the manor.

"Why the hell can't I be alone for five minutes!?" Draco snarled, in a shouting whisper.

Draco pulled his wand out, he heard the order come in. 

"Look what you all did!" Hermione snarled. She was probably pointing Miriam out. 

"Come on. Let's go and find the survivors."

He heard some members come up the stairs. He tried to apparate but he was so panicked, he couldn't. He slid down the wall.

"I'm going to die."

"Look what we have here!" Lupin smirked. He looked down at a crumbling and on-the-brink-of-death Draco. Kingsley pulled Draco unwillingly to his feet by the scruff of his neck.

"Check." Mad-eye muttered. Lupin pulled Draco's left sleeve up. To reveal a clear dark mark.

"Got one!" Mad-eye called downstairs. 

"It's probably just a Greengrass or a Parkinson. A distant relative." Hermione assured a jumpy Harry. "If it's a child. I'm leaving the order." Harry snarled through gritted teeth. 

"Get off me!" Draco snarled. He recived a punch in the eye. "That shut him up." 

Draco decided, Tristan's sister would care for Lilli. He didn't need to live. Miriam was right. He was dying anyway. A death curse would be much quicker.

Faster than slowly dying of grief.