Dead

Draco was trying to figure out the prophecy. It had been two weeks since the meeting and Draco felt pressure. "Draco!" Miriam ran towards Draco. 

"Hi Miriam." Draco muttered. "I need you to apparate me to the Parkinson Manor." 

 "Why?"

"My mum and dad are there and there's a fight -"

Draco smiled at her still calling her parents, 'mum and dad'. The last time he had called his father 'dad'. He was three.

"If they die!" She sobbed "You're my Godfather! I'll be your daughter! And you're dying yourself! So how am I supposed to stay alive!?" Draco sighed.

"Fine." He took her hand and apparated out. His aunt Bellatrix had taught him how to apparate out of Hogwarts. 

*************************************************************************

They arrived at the front door of the Parkinson manor. Draco took his wand out and pushed Miriam behind him with one arm. 

There were screams and sounds of spells being cast from inside.

Draco walked cautiously in, just to be almost hit with a death spell. He sent one back. It was Mad eye moody. Draco's eyes widened and he gulped.

Then he felt someone pull him and Miriam behind a tapestry. 

"Lumos." A husky voice whispered. There was Barty Crouch Jr. 

"Malfoy, just wanted to apologise about the time I turned you into that ferret."

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT MOMENT!?" Draco shouted in a whisper.

"Listen, pick up the child, if you're carrying her, no one from the order will kill you. They're a bunch of softies. They won't harm a child -"

"And you on the other hand would slaughter them." Draco spat. At these words, Miriam hid behind Draco, obscuring Barty Crouch jr. from her view.

Draco picked Miriam up and used a tracking spell on her parents. He saw them. They were dead.

Draco carried Miriam over to her parents and put her down.

"Go and find -" She saw her parents, "Lilli." She then broke down crying next to her dead parents.

Draco cast a tracking spell on Lilli and found her in a cupboard, sobbing her eyes out. 

"Draco!" She sniffed. 

She blasted herself into his arms. When Draco went back into the middle of the fighting, he found Miriam, lying dead over her parents bodies. 

Mundungus Fletcher was standing, with his splintering wand brandished over Miriam. 

Draco, was about to cry. He reached for his wand out of his jean pocket. He threw a curse at Mundungus.

"Avada Kedavra." 

Draco missed, his hand was trembling, with a cut and pure anger.

Fletcher cackled. "You-know-who recruiting little boys?"

"Crucio!" This time, it hit him. He lay on the floor twitching. 

"Draco!" His mother looked worn-out and tired. "Take Lilli! You're her Godfather! NOW!" Draco apparated instantly.

He never disobeyed his mother.

He seemed to be everyone's Godfather at the moment.

***********************************************************************

He arrived in the Great Hall. In the middle of a dancing lesson. (They were having another ball and this was training.) 

"MR. MALFOY?" Professor Tiger shouted. "Sorry sir." Draco muttered. Lilli was crying firecely into his shoulder. 

Hermione, Harry, Ginny and Ron, all watched him curiously. 

He walked out quickly. 

He took Lilli to the Head's common room. Perhaps he could calm her down there.

***************************************************************************

Poor thing. She was only six. Orphaned. Draco was lucky never to be orphaned. Any child that had a family entwined with the dark arts, were usually orphaned at nine.

"Lilli........" Draco tried to separate her arms from him. She was suffocating him. 

"Why was it my parents!? Why was it my sister?!" Draco felt deep guilt. He had obeyed Miriam. He never should have. She'd still be alive. But then again, Lilli would be dead. 

"I don't know. No one knows why." 

"Who's going to take care of me?" She sobbed.

Draco gulped awkardly. 

"Well, I'm your Godfather."

Lilli looked up and cocked her head.

"What's that?"

"It means, if your parents die, I take over as your father."

Lilli smiled. Draco was expecting her to brake down crying again and yell at him.

"Malfoy?" A questioning voice sounded from the doorway. Draco looked in the direction.

And standing there was Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna and Seamus. 

Draco slightly rolled his eyes. "What?" He snarled impatiently. Hermione looked taken aback. But then returned to her normal state. 

"What happened?" Harry demanded an answer. Draco's jaw clenched. "I just went to the Parkinson Manor. Your little Phoenix buddies, have killed that first year, Miriam Greengrass. Who happened to be my God-daughter. They also killed her parents. Now this little girl, is Lilli Greengrass. Her parents were too murdered as well as her sister, Miriam. Now I also happen to be Lilli's Godfather. So figure it out for yourself Potter." 

Harry looked mortified. Just then the group of Phoenix members appeared, laughing their heads off. Draco pushed Lilli behind him and pointed his wand at them. With pure anger and disgust in his eyes.

"We cleaned up! Killed every single one." Draco realized. He realized the inevitable truth. His mother and father were dead. 

Then, out of the complete blue. Lilli ran out from behind Draco. 

"HOW COULD YOU?!" She sobbed. "YOU KILLED MY PARENTS! AND YOU KILLED DRACO'S PARENTS! WHAT SORT OF MONSTERS ARE YOU?! THAT YOU'D ORPHAN A SIX YEAR OLD? FOR WHAT? FOR PRIDE!" Lilli yelled.

"Lilli you're going to get yourself killed." Draco grabbed her hand and apparated. 

"You orphaned them?" Harry spat. "They're all a pack of death eaters. In fact we should have killed that Malfoy boy and the little girl." Andromeda spat. "All related to my sisters. They even look like them." 

"WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT?!" Hermione screamed. "If this is what the order of the Phoenix does. I'm leaving it." She stormed out.

"Just wait 'till Malfoy's father hears about this!" Fred laughed.