Chapter Three

Star's POV

I went downstairs. I stopped halfway down the stairs when I heard whispering coming from the backyard.

"Shhh! She'll hear us!" "Let's just do this and leave."

The back door in the kitchen opened slowly and queitly. I heard someone come around the corner, it was Katherine, she was wearing her ripped black jeans, a white tank top, her volleyball shoes, and her hair was curly.

"What are you doing?" I said going down three steps. "Um...uh...I...well...Hey Star!" Katherine said stuttering. I seen her glance into the kitchen.

I looked at the wall, I could make out two figures. Woah! I can see through my own walls! I thought.

I looked back at Katherine, she was still glancing into the kitchen. I walked down the last few steps, and I walked behind Katherine. I glanced at her arm as I walked by, there were swirls and shapes on her left arm.

"Did you get a tattoo?"I said going into the kitchen. I seen Alex, he was standing by the back door. He was in jeans, black van shoes, and his blue t-shirt. Standing by the sink was Jacob, he was wearing his checkered van shoes, black sweatpants, and a t-shirt with a football on the front. 

"Hey Star!" Katherine said again. I looked at her, "Oh save it!" "You look nice," Jacob said. I looked at Jacob and Alex, then I walked to my dining room table and chairs. I sat on the table, everyone looked at me.

I heard a car pull up in my driveway, I heard the engine turn off. The driver and passenger doors opened, then closed shut. "You can hear that?!?!?" Alex said. I looked at him, "How though?" I said sounding confused.

The doorbell rang. 

"I'LL GET IT!!!" Cece said yelling from upstairs. "I'll get it !" she said again running down the stairs. When Cece opened the door, she went back upstairs.

I heard the door close. When I turned to see who was here, it was a man. He was wearing glasses, his eyes were green, his hair was blonde and slicked back. He was wearing black dress pants, dress shoes, and a long sleeve blue dress shirt. He smiled, "Hello everyone, my name is Steve Taylor." 

There was a woman, she went by the man, her eyes were blue, her hair was light brown and the tips of her hair was aquamarine. She was wearing a star necklace, she had on blue jeans, combat boots, a white under shirt, and a black jacket on. The woman and I both locked eyes.

"Swim fast, soon you'll grow your tail."

The woman smiled, then she looked at Katherine. 

"So, are you my teacher's?" I said still looking at the woman. "Well, we're not school teachers," Steve said looking at the woman who turned to look at him.

I looked at them. "We aren't teachers," the woman said. "They are going to help you," Alex said. "Help me with what?" I said confused. "Do you remember anything from yesterday?" Katherine said.

I looked at Katherine's eyes, then I seen that spark in her eyes. "That spark in your eyes, I think I've seen it before," I said.

"What else do you remember Star?" Steve said sitting in the chair that was close to me. I looked at him, he was rolling up his sleeves. I noticed that on both of his arms that he had swirls and shapes, just like Katherine.

"Can you remember anything else?" Alex said going by Katherine. I looked at him, "What are those on you're arms, " I said looking down at the floor. "Symbols," the woman said. "I think that we should just tell her," Jacob said standing next to me.

Everyone looked at him. 

"What? She's going to find out sooner or later. I mean it's Star! She's really good at finding out about mysterious things. I'd rather tell her than letting her find out about it."