Chapter Eight

Star's POV

It was a long drive to the Wolf Den but having a vampire drive we got there fast. "Now it's time for Star to meet my mother," Katherine said getting out of the car. I got out of the car and sped next to Katherine. Katherine grabbed my hand and we started to walk towards the small house.

As we walked up the steps to the porch, the front door opened. "Star this is Clarissa, the mother of all wolves." "It's nice to meet you Star. Please, come in," Clarissa said stepping aside to let us through.

Katherine left me and Clarissa alone. "So, are you ready to train your wolf side," Clarissa said. "I think so." "What are you afraid of?" I looked at Clarissa. Afraid? The word that scares me, afraid. I hate that word it's always, "don't be afraid," or "are you afraid of me?" 

"I'm not afraid. It's just that my life is going to be different now. It's not going to be the same. I'm going to be... different," I said looking at the other wolves running around. "It's okay to be different Star, not everyone in the world has to be the same," Clarissa said.

That is true. Not everyone has to be the same. We can be different. We are forced to be the same. "So how do you change in to your wolf form?" I said. "There's a couple different ways to change. If your angry or mad you change automatically. Some of us are used to the transformation so we can change whenever." "So you guys don't change on a full moon?" "Of course not. But we do get together on a full moon," Clarissa said opening the back door. "What do you do on a full moon." 

Clarissa looked at me, "We hunt together." Great more hunting, just what I need right. Clarissa changed in to her wolf form. Her fur was red and brown.

I do have anger in me, I thought. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Adam Royal's POV

"STAR WAS AT THE GRAND HOTEL!!!" I screamed. "Yes," Rachael said. "So why isn't she here!" "Because my sisters were distracting me, but when I went back to get Star she was already gone," Rachael said. I sat back in my chair.

"Do you know where she went." "No I don't." "So she could be anywhere with anyone, with no protection," I said.

I didn't know what to do or what to say to Rachael. How am I supposed to tell Rachael that I'm using Star's powers to destroy every single monster. Maybe I don't have to tell Rachael anything.

"So what do we do now," Rachael said. "We fond Star," I said. "How the hell are we supposed to find her!" "Dod I say we, I meant you." "How am I supposed to do that?" Rachael said crossing her arms. "Figure it out," I said. Rachael left my office. I sighed.

Stars POV

I was running in the forest with the other wolves. It was fun running wild.
It was only Clarrisa, Katherine and me running wild together because the rest of the pack had to go back to training.
We stopped at a lake. It was huge.
Are they back? Katherine mind read. I looked at her.
I haven't heard from them and neither has the pack, Clarissa mind read.
Who are you guys talking about? I mind read to the both of them.
Clarissa turned around and started walking back to the den. Katherine and I followed her.
The lake that we were just at, Clarissa started to mind read, The lake is protected by Ancient Mermaids.
Ancient? I mind read to Clarissa.
Yes, they are very different from regular mermaids. Their tails are see-through, they are fresh and salt water mixed mermaids. Clarissa continued to mind read, they protect us wolves from hunters and we return the favor by helping the sick ones.
But why are they called Ancient? I mind read to Clarissa.
There called Ancient because they were the first ones to see the dinosaurs. Then after the meteor hit they swam to an underwater cave which they got trapped in. Someone or something let them out sixteen years ago, Clarrissa mind read.
We made it back to the den. The wolves were still traning.
The three of us went back to our human forms.
"The Ancient Mermaids are really nice by the way," Katherine said putting her arm around my neck.
"Katherine would you like to train Star while I go take care of something," Clarissa said going in to the house.
"Of course," Katherine said.
I looked at her

Katherine trained me until it got dark out. It was hard to fight a wolf, I couldn't use my vampire side at all to help me fight Katherine.