Chapter Four

Star's POV

Katherine was helping my mom in the kitchen, while I got out the dessert. I put the pies on the table, as soon as us girls sat down, my mom was still standing.

"Before we eat, I just wanted to say something to Star," she said. There was tears forming in her eyes.

"Star, you are...adopted and your parents are helping you with your powers. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, are you mad?" I looked at Steve and Angel, they looked at me with small smiles on their faces. "Wow! Thanks for telling me, but, why did you let me go?" 

Angel's face went blank. "Well! It was so nice of you Ellen to let us see our daughter, but, I'm afraid that my wife and I have to go. We will see you all tomorrow," Steve said taking Angel with him.

The front door opened and shut. I went upstairs to my room, and I closed my door. I walked over to my window. I looked at my floor, I found my yellow notebook and my black pen. I opened the notebook and wrote what I could remember. When I drew the symbol, I drew it on a bigger piece of paper. I marked it vampire, and I taped it to my wall. 

I still wanted more information about my parents, but why are they helping me with my powers? I closed my notebook and threw it back onto the floor. I looked out my window. I seen glowing eyes with the sparks in them. "Goodnight Katherine," I said under my breathe.

My alarm woke me up at five thirty-two this morning. I rolled out of my bed, I stopped in mid-air. When I opened my eyes, I was floating! I wasn't even touching the ground, then all of a sudden, thunder struck, which scared me and I fell on the ground.

Stupid thunder! I thought. I seen my notebook under my bed. From now on, I'm going to write down the freaky stuff that happens.

when I was done writing, I put my notebook back under my bed. I looked out the window, it was foggy and everything was wet. Today is going to be an ugly day. 

I picked up my phone. I had a text from Jacob saying that I'm not going to be training today.

I stayed in my room. My mom...adoptive...mom? Anyways she kept checking on me to see if I was okay. I jumped when thunder struck, I also jumped to my door opening. But it was only Jacob, he was wearing shorts, shoes and a hoodie with the sleeves ripped off. His hair was barely wet. 

"Get dressed," Jacob said. I didn't question him. I changed really quickly into a pair of blue jeans, shoes, a tank top, and a zip-up jacket. "You ready Star!" Jacob called from downstairs. 

I grabbed my phone and sped out of my room. Jacob put his arm out to stop me when I got to the bottom of the stairs. I looked around, no one was there. "What's wrong?" I said. "I just didn't want you to ram into the door," he said facing the door. I rolled my eyes. "Where are we going?" "Surprise," he said opening the door for me.

We walked down the street. Jacob kept trying to push me into puddles of water, but I hopped over them. "So, this surprise," I said glancing at my feet, "Is it a good one?" Jacob laughed, "You'll see." 

Jacob put his hand on my back when we walked into the gas station. There was no one behind the counter, the store looked dead. "Stay close to me, and don't make eye contact," Jacob said stopping in front of a door. 

Jacob knocked on the door, a few minutes later, the door opened. Alex was standing in the doorway, he was wearing a red t-shirt, and jean shorts. Alex looked at Jacob then at me. "Don't look worried or scared, they'll think that you're a human," Alex said letting us in and he closed the door behind us.

Jacob still had his hand on my back, which made me feel better. As we walked into the room, there was a huge party going on. Everyone was either dancing, making out with each other or drinking at the bar. We walked to the back, there was a big muscular guy standing guard of a wall. The guy nodded at us, then he kicked the wall and it opened.