𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒

𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦!

Quinn awoke to a blindingly bright room, her eyes squinting against the white light that bounced off the walls. She gradually sat up from the floor, taking in her surroundings while her heart started to pound inside her chest. She had never seen this room before, it was new to her. Shakily, she climbed to her feet, her eyes landing on several surveillance cameras watching and following her every move, as always. 

"Oh, Subject Fourteen, you're awake".

Quinn jumped at the voice that emitted into the room, his voice loud and powerful. She looked around, questioning the man she knew too well. "Why am I in here?". 

A chuckle came through the speaker, "You know perfectly well why you're in here".  

She exhaled shakily, "No... I don't".

There was silence and it made Quinn extremely uneasy. She stayed glued to the spot she was stood in, eyebrows furrowed. "What's happening?". 

A high-pitched static pierced her ears, causing the girl to clap her hands over the sides of her head, attempting to keep the shrieking sound out. She had heard this noise many times and it always made her feel like she was in a blurry daze.

"We have some exciting news," Dr Brundle, one of the head scientists at Convington Lab, said far too happily once the deafening noise had stopped. "We've found a way to enhance your visions".

"I don't want to enhance my visions," Quinn said once she removed her hands from her ears and returned to reality, her voice a quiet mumble. 

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice in the matter. We know how to make your visions less restricting and more useful for us. It's a simple procedure," he told the sixteen year old girl, a smile creeping onto his lips as he watched her. 

"Procedure?" Quinn blurted out in a wave of panic. 

"More like an experiment, but that's neither here nor there. You won't feel much".

Quinn tugged at the sleeve of the white shirt she wore, anxiously fiddling with the hem of the material. She had heard them talk about this for months, but hoped that some kind of miracle or freak accident would stop them from going any further, she didn't care which it was.