0 • 9

𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑, I headed to Mr Jeon's apartment with Jun after his nursery hours as he told me to.

"Mommy why are you so happy today?" Jun asked, his doe eyes staring into mine.

"Well, I'm planning to follow my dreams soon." I grinned at him. It was true, after dropping Jun off home I decided to take my education a step further and apply for nursing school once again.

I had saved up a lot of money from the nursery that it would be stupid of me not to start doing what I loved again.

"Can Jun-ie follow Mommy follow her dreams?" He sulked.

I chuckled at the cute boy beside me before kneeling to his level. "Jun-ah, I'm not leaving you behind for this. I'll only be going to school just like you. The only change will be that I won't be able to spend as much time at the daycare but I'll continue to be your babysitter."

"You promise you won't leave me behind?"

"I promise bunny." I chuckled.

"Well then Jun gives you permission to follow your dreams." He beamed.

"I'm so honoured Jun-ie. But leave telling your father to me okay? This is adult talk." I told him and he nodded happily.

┌─────────・ . ─────────┐

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊'𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
3:00 ᴘᴍ

└─────────・ . ─────────┘

We finally reached Jun's home, walking inside the apartment after Jungkook had let us in. Their apartment had a contemporary style to it despite the contrasting worn down building. It was small but by the looks of it, Jungkook had kept it in remarkable condition considering he was only a young single father with a low-paying job.

I walked in with a smile on my face only for it to be wiped off when I noticed his distraught expression.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked whilst unzipping Jun's jacket off.

"I just got a call from my job...I got fired." He said. My heart sank in deep- no Yena don't pity him.

"How is that possible you've been working so hard." I told him.

"I know, at least that's what I thought."

"Did they give you a reason?"

"They just said my effort wasn't up to its full potential." He said making me scoff.

"That's bullshit I-" My mouth shut instantly when he glared at me for using foul language in front of Jun. "I mean that's just horrible..."

"Jun why don't you go to the kitchen to eat? I made you your favourite, chicken nuggets." Jungkook told the boy who instantly complied.

"They don't deserve you. It's better this way I'm sure you'll find a better job." I tried comforting him once Jun was gone.

"It's not that easy."

"I have a friend who's a job recruiter, if you want I can help-"

"I think you've done enough helping Yena." He sighed sitting on his couch.

I gulped fearing what he would be saying next.

"I can't afford to pay you anymore. I'll just have to let you go."

I knew it would come and I refused to acknowledge it. Not for this moment anyway when they're beyond struggling.

"I can take care of Jun in the meantime until you get back on your feet. I told you, you don't need to pay me."

He closed his eyes resting his head against the couch, obviously hating the idea. "You know I can't accept that. You have your own life to take care of."

"Yeah and you have 2. Listen, I understand you hate the thought of people helping you. I get it. I would hate having people give me charity for nothing too. But you
have to understand this is different when Jun is in the equation. Just because you don't want help doesn't mean he doesn't deserve that help."

"I can take care of my child alone just fine. It's been him and I for a whole 5 years and we've been better than ever."

I scoffed. "Are you even in your right mind to think you can still take care of him alone?" I headed to the couch sitting farthest away from him. "Let's say I leave as you want. Ok? You have no job and have to pay for Jun's daycare. You turn up late looking for a job and now he's kicked out. Jun has no education and you're
broke!"

"Stop it!" He hissed.

"I'm just stating facts and I haven't even gotten to the worse part."

"No, you're only trying to convince yourself that you're relevant here. You're not! Stay out of it or I'll file a restraining order."

"With what money?" I teased.

"Okay you're just being a bitch now." He scoffed looking away.

"You can't be stupid enough to think you can handle this by yourself!"

"And you can't be stupid enough to think you can change my mind!"

"Yejun deserves a mother whether or not your pride let's you admit it, Mr Jeon. If you can't even talk to him about her at least don't take her memory completely away from him."

"You don't know shit." He spat.

"Well then tell me!"

"It's none of your business!"

"Well then I'll make it my business." I told him getting up and gathering my things. "You better be at my door tomorrow morning for an interview or you'll never
see the end of it Jeon Jungkook."

"Dad?" Jun walked towards his father who now had his head buried in his hands. A sight he wasn't used to seeing given that Jungkook always tried showing him the best version of himself at all times.

Instead, Jun proceeded to comfort him as his father always did. "It will be okay. You can have my last nugget."

Jungkook embraced the little boy, chuckling sadly as Jun continued. "Mommy will help, I'm sure."

"I'm so sorry Jun." Jungkook tightened his grip on the boy petting his hair. I have failed you again. "Your mother would've been so proud of you."

This was the first time his father mentioned his mother yet all Jun could think about was why Yena hadn't told him about her plans like she said she was. Would she not follow them in the end? But why?

Either way, the child chose not to mention anything.

After all...it was adult talk.