1 • 7

At the mention of his name, my knees went weak. I hadn't heard that name in so long, I don't even think I wanted to either. My mind went blank, the only thing pondering my thoughts were the beautiful moments we had shared together and I hated myself for it.

And I thought you were finally over him, Yena...

"Hello? Is this Miss Li on the phone?"

Yena say no, just say no.

"Yes that's me..." Idiot.

"Great, so could you please come collect him as we can't discharge him otherwise."

Say no Yena, say you're busy.

"Alright I'll be there in a moment..." Stupid.

_

I gripped onto the door handle of his clinic room, forcing on a facade of confidence before stepping inside.

"Yena?" He looked up at my presence in confusion. I noticed as his eyes were covered in dark circles as if he hadn't slept for days. His voice seemed cold, colder than the last time I had heard it and that was a huge surprise to me, knowing he had always been full of life.

"What happened to never seeing eachother again, huh?" I crossed my hands, leaning against the wall.

He sighed heavily, looking away. "You didn't have to come."

"It's not like I wanted to either. What happened to you, Shin?"

No response.

I scoffed, once again reminded that he was still the same supercilious man like before. "Just so you know, I'm not paying your hospital bills" I rolled my eyes, heading out.

Whilst signing his discharge papers, I couldn't help but wonder what trouble he got into that he ended up in hospital. He didn't even look injured. Frankly, he looked much worse.

I noticed a nurse at the desk and moved closer to her. "Could you tell me why the patient in room 10 is hospitalised? I'm his legal guardian."

"It seems he's gotten into a severe motorcycle accident."

I scoffed internally knowing his erratic behaviour.

"Although it may have been a blessing in disguise." She continued

"Why's that?"

"He can get treated for his lung cancer in time. Weren't you aware?"

"I had no idea..."

_

"Dad, could we call Mommy here?" Jun asked giving me puppy eyes as we walked around the park.

"You'll see her tomorrow Jun." I told him.

"But I wanted to see her today too. So we can spend time together, all three of us!" He bounces up and down. "You're rarely both free at the same time."

"She's probably busy Jun-ie. I'm sure she has other things to do then spend the day with us."

"Could you at least call her?" Jun pleaded. I sighed in defeat before reluctantly pressing the call button.

After a few rings the line went silent. "See, I told you she's busy."

"Maybe she was taking a wee, call her again." Jun said. I shook my head and tried again to prove him wrong.