1 • 5

𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐃 and the breeze of the night took over them. Jun was now asleep in Yena's arms whilst the three were strolling near a river surrounded by dazzling lights.

After all their comical conversations during the day, it seemed there was nothing left for them to talk about but even so, both were content with the comfort of the complacent silence between the two.

Jungkook's gaze turned to Yena's shivering figure and felt pity for the girl. He took his jacket off without much thought and covered her small frame before taking Jun from her arms.

The girl was left astounded by the foreign act of kindness from him. He noticed her wide eyes staring into his, trying to find any underlying intention. But there was none.

"Don't just sit there and freeze, stupid." He scoffed looking away from her but even through the facade of his bitter voice, she knew there was she knew there was some tenderness hidden beneath.

"Thank you." She told him, watching as he grew uncomfortable from the pure sincerity in her voice.

"Don't thank me. I did that for Jun. I don't want him to catch any cold because of your indifference."

Yena smacked the guy's -surprisingly muscular- arm. "Learn to give some kindness you bastard-!"

"Watch. your language, there's a kid here." Jungkook's eyes grew in exaggerated horror, covering his son's ears in the process, making Yena's smile grow.

Jungkook watched her as he unknowingly felt content at making the girl laugh. Little did he know how bitter she felt about the whole situation. He wasn't the only one who felt guilty in her presence.

She did so for the fact that Jungkook actually reminded her of her past lover, making her unable to see the man in a good light and hence feeling guilty about it. But it wasn't like Jungkook wanted her to see him a particular way anyway so she tried pushing the thought aside.

Despite her unconditional feelings for Yun Shin, she couldn't help but want to hate him for leaving her so abruptly. She feared being unable to move on to someone else because of him and the pain he put her through. But it wasn't like she could start a family anyway, she might as well learn how to live alone.

"Do you want to head home?" Yena asked the man walking beside her.

"I want to enjoy the view a little longer." He said, laying down on the grass, with Jun on his lap.

"Alright Mr Jeon."

"Yena..." Jungkook began, turning his head to look at her.

The girl gulped slowly, given the serious tone of his voice. "Yes?"

"Call me Jungkook."

Her lips parted slightly, taken aback by his request. "I thought you wanted to keep a professional level?"

He sighed. "As much as I hate to say it, you're not just a babysitter, Yena. You're a part of my life now. You're a good friend."

Yena smiled slightly, not sure wether to get used to this behaviour from now on. Either way, she was grateful for the fact he could finally open up to her, knowing he was such a closed off type of person.

"Ouch, friend zoned." she whined in pain, holding my chest humorously.

"Agh, seriously." Jungkook looked away, only adding definition to his bobbing Adam's apple as he chuckled huskily making her smile.