1 • 1

┌─────────・  . ─────────┐

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊'𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
8:15 ᴘᴍ

└─────────・ . ─────────┘

"And what in the world made you think that was a good idea?" Jungkook whisper-shouted trying not to wake up the little boy.

"It was his idea not mine Mr Jeon. If it were up to me I wouldn't have done it but he was so keen I couldn't break his little heart."

"And the children making fun of him for having his babysitter instead of his actual mother present isn't going to break his heart? What do you think people are going to say about this?"

"I thought you didn't care what people thought."

"Well I do now. You're going to sign him off of that program. Make up whatever excuse you want to convince him but you aren't going there to present yourself as something you're not."

Yena gulped down the lump in her throat. He was right. Everything he said was the complete truth so why would she be feeling so mad about it?

"Alright fine. But I just want to know why. Why won't you tell me anything about her? Maybe then I would keep my distance."

Jungkook scoffed and looked away. "The only thing I will tell you- and get this straight in your head- The role of his mother is still vacant and that's not for you to take. Because his mother still exists and it's not you." He hissed at her.

"I know." Yena quickly maintained her composure. "And I don't want to be.  I'm simply filling in the hole in Jun's heart in the mean time so that he gets at least the smallest bit of happiness while he can. Because if— when that woman comes, I will leave as I know it's not my place. Is that so selfish of me to ask?"

Jungkook's jaw clenched in irritation. It was just something about her that managed to anger him regardless of the situation. "As long as there's a guarantee that you will be gone from our lives, I'll be fine."

"Great. Fine." Yena blinked away her tears before storming out of his apartment. It pained her to think about leaving the little boy but she knew the time will come sooner or later.

__

Little did either of them know that Jun had actually heard their conversation, having been hidden behind the slightly ajar bedroom door.

┌─────────・ . ─────────┐

𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄
2:30 ᴘᴍ

└─────────・ . ─────────┘

"Yes, hello?" I answered the unknown call.

"Hi is this Miss Li Yena?"

"Yes that's me, how can I help?"