The Distressing life in a mansion

Gringgggg! Gringggg!! Gringgg!!! Gringg!!!!
Again came the sound of Madam Veronica's bell. Oh God she was at it again, with her bell which was as big as a foreign chapel's bell.

From her routine of role call you could easily perceive that she was trouble because she could easily knock on each of our doors rather than use a gigantic bell which I wondered how she always raised to ring to wake us all up.

Truly she was a strong and hardworking woman but that did not remove the label trouble from her list of attributes.

"House girls it's time to rise, today is another day to work your ass out" Madam Veronica voice stopped the train of my thoughts that had not seem to find a terminal to stop. Yeah she used vulgar words yeah part of the long list of her attributes.

The sound of my roommate footsteps brought me back. She greeted me and moved to the bathroom to do her thing and I decided to make good use of the time she did spend in the bathroom to talk to my maker.

God was everything to me and the only best friend I had; though there had been ups and downs with him but he still loved me. Despite my situation I still believed he was on the throne.

If I am not grateful for good health of myself and family then i am a selfish person and so I never let anything come between the usual thanksgiving I say to him.

My roommate Anjola was out on time but it was not in favor of my talk with my God I had barely spent 10 minutes with him.
I know that my work is not an excuse to give for the short time I spend with him every morning but what can i do when I am woken up every morning by 3:30 and sleep by 12:30 at night I only get 3 hours sleep daily ever since I started serving in this mansion which I have been doing for almost a year now.

After the first bell is runged we are given 20 minutes to report to the main building from the maids quarters and within that 20 minutes we are expected to have cleaned up and tidy up our rooms.

We take turns in cleaning up the common room in the quarters there are a total of 8 rooms in the quarters one belonging to Madam Veronica and the remaining 7 for the 14 maids in the house and each room contains a bathroom since we were 14 each room cleaned the common room dividing the duty amongst the members my room was to clean the common room every Friday which was the least of my problems right now.

I had come into the mansion 6 months after my youth service and I still remained jobless that is a story for another day .

I had heard about the maid job offer from a friend and I had applied even including my Certificate in my resume and I had gotten the only vacant position which was the job as the third cook in the mansion and a place to stay with a pay of hundred thousand Naira per month.

I was very happy because I knew if I should get a job with that kind of pay and no place to stay I mean me paying my house rent and feeding my self coupled with transportation to my place of work I did have little to send home so the work in the mansion was the best for now.

You must be wondering why a House will need so many servants. Yeah this was Lagos not just Lagos this was Lekki a place where majority were affluent people.

And in a particular Estate in Lekki lies a Mansion that stood out among others. Definitely it was one who did be needed the services of more than ten people to maintain the house and keep the daily activities flowing well without disruption.
****************
The Adegokes were a known family in Lagos even in Nigeria they had chains of petroleum and gas stations which did not leave out the notable numbers of schools they had.

They owned a tertiary institution in Ondo state and secondary schools in Lagos,Benin,Portharcourt,Uyo and Abuja the federal capital of Nigeria.
******

I had moved to the main house to resume my duties but first I did report to the boss herself Madam Veronica I moved to the back of the mansion to join the straight line other girls stood in when the boss herself spoke Oh God I was not ready for her tantrums this morning.

"Madam the Madam the employer of all employees has decided to grace us with her presence welcome Madam Abisola can we welcome her with a clap" she said to me and to the other girls but no body clapped she looked at them and they began to clap they knew better than not to clap but they refused to clap and with a look she gave them they put their hands into action I knew why she said what she said.

To her I was late but it was just some minutes to four I was not that late she just had to continue her introduction as the villain she want to be portrayed as " is this your 3:50? Abisola anyway you know your duties and the next time you answer the roll call late you did be working for two" she said with a cold voice for me to know she means business. I did say the woman was a confused soul this minute she did be nice the next she did be harsh but the period of she been harsh to been nice is a 7:3 out of 10. She is not a partial person, her favors not directed at anyone because she is a strict disciplinarian and this have helped the continual flow of activities in the house.

I resumed to my work station and soon began work. On the menu today for breakfast was German Omelette with Bacon.

The pecks of been a cook in a house like this is knowing how to cook foreign foods when I started work here I could only cook few of them but over time I learnt with the help of my phone, Senior colleagues and the boss herself. Now I was a pro in preparing most of the foods.

***************************

I was just sitting down outside the mansion with my phone learning how to prepare some more dishes on YouTube.

Though I had learnt how to prepare many of the dishes but the Adegokes were strange people they could demand a change in the menu within a blink of an eye on the grounds that we are paid enough to deliver enough. I was done with everything I do as a cook in the house and it was 11 pm but I won't be allowed to sleep until 12:30 by Madam Veronica that was how far she could go to believe she is disciplined depriving humans of sleep when they have nothing else to do.

It was time to sleep and we all were tired which showed in the way We journeyed to our quarters. When I got to my room with Anjola I just went straight to the bed allocated to me and immediately sleep to me to another world without any good bath.

💃🏻 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
Wow almost 1500 words I broke the record of my previous book

Wow am proud of myself am update after introducing the book on the same day I guess it's time for a change 🌝😂😂

Please vote and comment click on those orange colored shapes below. Invite family and friends 😊 the only reward I get for this book is the votes and comments.
Thank you for choosing to read this book
Update coming sooner than you expect
And don't forget that the book has not been edited I love you 😘

Stay Safe
Be strong 💪
It's a conquest already 😊