Leaving trouble;meeting crisis

You may rage you storm but love will swallow you🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Good evening Daddy" I greeted my dad with my Two knees on the ground that the rain had had blessed with too much moisture few hours before we arrived in Zaria

It was around ten o'clock in the night we arrived at the park to find my dad waiting for us because he had been informed before we got to the park that we were close and he had come to wait for us.

" how was your journey" he said putting our things inside the car. They were not heavy but my dad was so much a gentleman.

We had left Lagos truly that Saturday morning without saying a bye or any kind of greeting to my Aunt and her two beautiful daughters.

I felt for them and wondered why they had failed since they had like my Aunt said studied but I guess God knows why.

Remembering a chat with them on Thursday during the wait for the results I felt really bad that they didn't pass the exam. My sympathy was directed especially to Stellamaris she had talked about how she couldn't wait to gain admission to study law in the Prestigious University of Lagos which was fully accredited for the course. She had also talked about how she would wear the hottest of whites and blacks since it was the dress code for law students.

She went on and on of how she would flaunt being a law student on her social media pages and had evoked laughters from i and her twin sister with the way she described how she would walk in her whites and blacks. "Haaa wa ba" was what she said meaning they would see something big though it isn't the original translation for it but the one i could use to explain the Yoruba phrase.

It would be nice if she would be able to study law and I would have a sister in the same faculty but who could question God.

I had done a lot of findings with my mum's browsing phone which we got uncomfortably for assignments that couldn't be done with a textbook to browse on the criterion to study in Unilag.

If you are below twelve in your post utme you wouldn't be considered for admission even if your jamb score is the highest in the country and now Damaris was below twelve which meant she did have to try another school and that was impossible because my uncle was bent in the studying in Unilag not wanting them to go far which meant that she would have to retake exams next year.

Stellamaris was had passed the criterion to be considered for admission her jamb score was 246 which when divided by 8 would be about 30 point something and when added to post utme would be 42 point something. The waec was allocated with some certain points though I didn't get to know anything apart from their jamb score even if she had distinction in all five subjects needed for evaluation she still did be on 50 point something in total.

On my way back to Zaria I had taken my mum's phone and did all the calculations which made me to know that she couldn't have more than 50 point something in total. The last's year cutoff mark was said to be 69.85 and even I was not sure that I would meet up with this year's cutoff mark which was still unknown with my aggregate score of 73.35 and the knew that all I could do was pray for my efforts and resources not to be wasted.

My brothers went to sleep as soon as they welcomed us it happened that they have been waiting for us to come back to collect whatever my mum bought for them.

On our way we got two plantain chips which satisfied the wants of my brother.

I woke up to the screams and noise coming from the back of my window. My room was built to the back of the house which was facing the front of another house. I lazily stood up and opened the old curtain protecting me from sun and the prying eyes of people who didn't like to mind their business.

A crowd was gathered in the front of mama Jane's house and were now silent. The only voice heard was that of Mama Jane and the girl living with her who I was familiar with.

" you this girl you must show me the useless man that you went to open those your smelly laps to that put that useless thing they call a child in your body" mama Jane said beating Regina the girl staying with her and then it clicked Regina was pregnant.

I was not surprised.
Mama Jane brought her to be trained to school but refused to send her to school until after a year of using her. She finally sent the girl to a government school close by and most times did not allow her to go to school in a week she might not go to school and sometimes she went to school twice in a week.

Not only the refusal to allow her go to school like every other student she also refused to feed the girl and she always went to school without eating anything and cake back like that.

Early this year the thirteen year old girl told me she got a boyfriend who helped her with cash to eat most times and I told her to be careful using the popular saying that "weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning" to talk to her and she said she said she will do something about the guy who was the vulcanizer at our junction and this didn't stop me from talking to her.

It was either the Vulcanizer who she called Samson that was responsible for the pregnancy or someone new if she had graduated to that level but it was none of my business so I did leave them to figure it out and pray for her not to adopt the baby and for her guardian not to kill the baby in her womb with the beatings she was pouring on her.

I stood up from my bed on the floor and went to the kitchen where I was hearing sounds from. On my way to the kitchen I found out that I had slept till ten.

"Good morning Ma" I greeted my mum appropriately and she said
" you are awake how are you I didn't want to wake you up since we had a long day yesterday but I guess the noise coming from Mama Jane's frontage woke you already" she said laughing

We talked as I was helping her tie the moimoi in the nylon we would eat I guess in the afternoon and that morning. I noticed she still had the sad face on which might be because of the incidence in my uncle's house. I asked her about it and she confirmed my fears we talked about it with me easing the burden of her.
Little did I know that a bigger drama was coming soon.

"Your dad was arrested" mum said as soon as she got to the parlor where I and my younger ones were watching movies.

"Ehn by who?" I asked standing up on my feet

My chummy chummy readers two updates in a night is a gift from me 😂😂😂

Something might come your way soon 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🤭

Byeeeeee❤️❤️