A cheap spree

Take it
Yes take it
It belongs to you🌸🌸🌸

The sun was shining beautifully and dealing mercilessly with those who had taken it to be their abode. Both old and young, skinny and full of flesh, light skinned, albinos and dark skinned who  found themselves taking refuge under the sun were dealt with mercilessly.
To some it dealings were harsh to some it was mild.

It wasn't a new thing to see the Sabongari market like this. It was filled with both buyers and sellers. Some sellers were had escaped the mercilessly dealings of the sun by been able to afford an abode. The society view if class was still brought to the market. Some with big beautiful shops, some with moderate shops, some with shops that could at least keep their goods safe, some with only zincs above their head and some selling their merchandise under the scorching sun who during the rainy season were at the receiving end truly the rainy season was not for them. Even under the hot sun you could see the feeling of peace over their faces.

It wasn't just the sellers that were classified according to the view of class by the society. Buyers were also classified. There were the buyers who came with large sum of money and bought goods in bulks. There were also some who came with more than enough money to satisfy all their family needs giving them the luxury they want. There were also some who came with what they had to buy what they could buy and this was the category I and my mum fell into and there were also some who came to buy what they needed to manage that day walking long distance to the market owing to the fact that the market price was lesser.

The category I and my mum fell into brought us to the shop of Iya oloja who sells food stuff .

"Give us eight mudu of garri, five mudu of rice, five mudu of beans, two liters of groundnut oil and two liters of palm oil and ten tubers of yam" she listed as the sales girl of Iya oloja attended to us.

"Elo loje?" She asked for the price even though she knew the price since she has a budget.

"3420 Ma" the girl responded after punching the calculator with her twice to be sure

"Okay" she said passing seven five hundred Naira note to the girl who gave her change

I picked up the heavy sack we brought to the market which was empty when we entered the market and passed the other sack I was holding that contained other things I did be needing and followed my mum. The spending spree as I would call it since something like this have never happened and to our level was extravagant didn't cover many things I need.

I had been asked to stick to my present bedsheet. I would be taking a two buckets and a two small bowls from the ones we have been using before. Only a black flat shoe was added to the few I had before. Also Shea butter and black soap was bought since they were very cheap. My mum had also sought to buy me a mosquito net because she believed preventing malaria was better than treating it. Buying a pot could not be avoided because we barely had enough to cook at home but the plates and the spoons will be taken from the ones we had at home. Above all buying sets of whites and blacks took notable amount of money from my Dad and mum who had added her salary that had just been paid to the money we were spending. She got me two black skirts and four beautiful white tops. In total I could say we had just spent nothing less than ten thousand Naira .

We walked to the entrance of the gate where we would get  a taxi to drop us off.

We got off and trekked the short distance home from the junction. My hands were already aching me from carrying the sack and I dreaded the fate of carrying the sack and my Ghana must go bag when I drop from the bus at Lagos.

"I called your uncle Demola today again and he picked" Mum said walking into the room where I was folding my clothes that I had washed earlier today into the Ghana must go bag.
Ever since we came back from their house in Lagos he had not called mum and more had been calling to apologize but he refused to pick his call. When I saw my name on the admission list for law I urged her to call again to know if Stella had gotten another course since she passed the post utme  cutoff to be considered for admission In any course but he refused to pick. I was really concerned about them but there was no means to get through them.

When it dawned on them that i would need somewhere to stay at when I get to Lagos before I finish processing my hostel and get access to the room allocated to me she resumed calling again but he refused to pick still.

"What did he say when you told him"

"He said it would not be possible that he would have tried but his wife is the problem"
"So what will we do now where will I stay" I said with tears gathering in my eyes

"I have called your dad just concentrate on parking we will walk things out" she said patting my back and walked out of the room

"Are you done parking?" Dad who was back from work and had just finished eating asked me

"Yes sir but just done with the parking of clothes the foodstuff mummy said she will park for me so she can arrange them well"

"Okay I have found a place for you to stay I spoke to Baba Abidjan he said his daughter stays in Mushin with her husband so you will be staying there with them"

"Okay sir"

" so you will be leaving the day after tomorrow"

"Okay sir"

"Aunty Bisola how long will you be gone?" Bolanle asked already tearing up

" I guess five months"

"Five months?" He asked widening his eyes

"Yes for one semester I will then go back for another semester"

"Hmmm okay ooo"

"Don't worry before you know it I am back"

"Okay" he said curtly and I knew that leaving to Lagos will really affect my brothers but they will get over it and I knew their major concerns were the work that will fall on them since I did most of the house chores.

We said our night prayers and my mum and dad went in to sleep shortly followed by my brothers who had school tomorrow.

I spent more than two hours before retiring to my bed saying words of prayers to God to order my steps.

Hope my favorite readers are doing well
I love you guys and I am not giving up on this book I will see it to the end 💞💞💞💞

Xo much love from me to you 😻😻😻

Check out my other book the girl in me 💞

Peace out ✌️