Chapter Seven

Little side note before we begin this chapter ⬇️

Are y'all serious?! 94 votes and 2.52k reads?! I literally started this a couple weeks ago and you guys already love it. Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward's P.O.V

Christmas. It's Meadows first Christmas. Charlie wanted both of the girls at his house for Christmas but Bella and I quickly came up with an excuse for Meadow not to be there. Bella because she didn't want Meadow ruining "Renesmee's perfect first Christmas", and me because I couldn't trust Bella or Renesmee with Meadow. Not even if they were around Charlie and Sue.

Our excuse was that Meadow had a slight cold and was being fussy about it. He was disappointed and worried about his grandchild, but came by and dropped off his present for her. Despite the fact we all have a death sentence hanging over our heads, Emmett decided that it wasn't Christmas without a Christmas tree. In other words he cut down one of the many pine trees around us, dragged it inside, and threw a bunch of tinsel on it with a star at the top.

Esme was quite annoyed by the mess but she let it slide since he did it for Meadow. There were presents from all of us under the tree. Even from Alice and Jasper, Alice decided to call me and tell me where it was. The other day I caught Meadow attempting to shake one of the boxes and laughed when she leaned her ear against it. To say she was excited about the presents would be an understatement.

Now on Christmas morning I wasn't surprised to see her already awake sitting up in her crib. She clapped her small hands when she saw me and reached for me. I gladly took the little baby into my arms and carried her downstairs. Like usual most of the girls cooed at her while she smiled at them, the whole room having a happy feeling to it. I sat down on the floor with her in my lap and smiled when she tried crawling to the beautiful decorative boxes under the tree.

"Let's get this Christmas started!" Emmett exclaimed excitedly. He was wearing a Santa hat and had a matching miniature version in his hand. I could only assume that would be going on Meadows head. And I was right. She pouted however and threw it on the floor. "I don't think she likes the hat Emmett." "Of course she does." He procrastinated and put the hat back on her. And like the first time it was on the floor again. "And there goes the hat." I chimed in sarcastically.

Emmett grew a determined look on his face and put the hat back on her. However this time he put it on in a way she couldn't take it off. "She's going to wear that hat and look adorable whether she likes it or not." He huffed after struggling with the baby. Rosalie rolled her eyes at her husband's behavior before picking up a package wrapped in red wrapping paper with silver glitter. She smiled, leaned down and handed it to Meadow who was eagerly waiting for it.

After watching her adorably struggle to rip the paper off, I decided to help her. Plus I didn't want her to get a paper cut, the very thought of that sends an uncomfortable shiver down my spine. Especially after what happened two years ago. Opening the present revealed that it was a sparkly rattle that sounded surprisingly like bells when she shakes it. Good thing none of us can get a real headache.

Emmett bounced excitedly up to us and handed Meadow a new teddy bear. This one was bigger than her current one and had her name sewn on it. She squealed in happiness and cuddled it. Esme and Carlisle gave her their present next. It was a porcelain doll. I was a little worried she would break it but looking at her she gently poked it, I guess she was scared of breaking it too. I gave her Alice and Jasper's present next.

It was a pair of ridiculously rhinestone stutted cowboy boots. I have a strong feeling that only Jasper had a say in that present. I'm pretty sure Alice would throw a fit before letting Meadow leave the house in these. Then I gave her Charlie's gift, it was a little toy police car that she could sit in and actually drive. She simply had a to push a button and turn the wheel to move it. My gift to her was a little more simple, it was a picture of all of us the day before Irina saw Renesmee.

And by all of us I mean Meadow, myself, and the rest of the family. Bella didn't want herself, Jacob or Renesmee in the photo. I was upset then but now I don't mind, I'm starting to realize that she'll never love Meadow as a daughter and if that's how she truly feels then fine, I'll just raise her myself if I have to.

~~~Later That Night~~~

I watched as Meadow rolled around the house in her police car with her new teddy bear sitting beside her. Emmett showed her how to drive around in circles and right now that's what she was doing. She was giggling as she drove around the room in a repetitive circle. It made me smile to see her happy as always. Because I had no reason to be happy apart from her.

Looking out the window I watched as the snow began to stick to the ground. The Volturi would be arriving soon to kill us all. I had to spend as much time with my daughter as possible, because soon...soon I might be telling her goodbye. Possibly forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys I decided to give you this semi cute chapter because we are reaching the dramatic point of this story. I shall remind you guys that the Volturi have no idea Meadow Rose exists because Irina only saw Renesmee, so how do you think they'll react to not one but two supposed immortal children created by the Cullens? I can already feel Aro's excitement.

Fun fact: You guys probably should have picked this one up in the earlier chapter but Meadow Rose has a lesser version of Bella's shield that's quite similar to Charlie's.