Prologue

Crime in their city has been steadily increasing, the streets becoming more and more dangerous. A caring doctor patches up victims and criminals alike as they fill up his emergency room. A determined detective desperately searches for evidence to put away the worst of the worst. A loud, foul-mouthed bartender keeps a watchful eye on her patrons as the nights get darker. Each wants to protect the people of their city. Unbeknownst to them, they are being aided by a team of vigilantes, who are not the most law-abiding citizens themselves...

Want a hint of what the characters are thinking?

"How can such an angry handsome young man become a cute nerdy boy in an instant? Damn it, focus Mew..."

"He can't control his body's reaction as the man leaned closer but what made his heart race almost painfully were those stunning eyes. .."

"What an adorable baby. Boun doesn't even question it. He's keeping him."

"Stop looking at me like that! Oh, the man makes Prem nervous but he's not quite sure why..."

"He loves it when his Doc patches him up. One day I'm not going to let you leave..."

"What an annoying man. Annoying, irritating, irresponsible, handsome... Wait. What?"

"Wow. That was some impressive cursing. Why is that attractive?"

"Holy shit, that's so fucking hot."