Chapter Seven

Boun smiled at Prem as he led him up the stairs to his apartment, not knowing what he was walking into. The evening had been amazing as per usual. It had been their fourth date and Boun found he was more and more attracted to Prem with each one. The man was handsome, but also adorable, and he was very outspoken, mainly because he had no filter. Whatever slipped past those plump lips, Boun it found either hilarious or unbelievably sexy.

"You have the whole top floor?" Prem gasped, staring at Boun in shock.

"Well, I live with three other people," Boun muttered as he turned his key in the door.

"Boun!"

Boun stumbled back, stunned, as Gulf launched himself into Boun's arms. It was not something Gulf had done before. Boun quickly set him down before he could no longer hold him up. Gulf may be cute, but he was not small.

"Gulf?" Boun murmured, a little concerned by his behaviour.

Was something wrong with Gulf? Should he not have left him alone with Mew?

"So, is this your cutie? Introduce me," Gulf grinned, his eyes mischievous.

Boun blushed immediately as Prem heard what Boun had been calling him.

"Boun calls me his cutie?" Prem asked Gulf, unable to contain his smile.

"He does. I'm Gulf, by the way, one of Boun's friends."

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Prem."

Boun walked into the apartment, followed by Prem, then noticing Mew relaxing on the sofa. He was leaning back, one leg pulled up over the other, smirking at Boun as he took a sip of his drink. Oh, looks like Mew came to play. He had apparently roped Gulf into helping him fight back against Boun's teasing.

"Prem, this is Mew. He and Gulf are..." Boun paused, catching the warning glare Mew gave him, "Friends."

Prem didn't miss the hesitation nor the look Mew gave Boun.

"Just friends?"

Prem decided to join in the teasing to support Boun. He glanced at Gulf who just appeared confused while Mew was blushing. The two were handsome, but in different ways. They would look amazing together.

"How are you two just friends? You're both so handsome," Prem blurted out, forgetting his goal of teasing them completely.

Boun slapped a hand over his face as he began to giggle uncontrollably. Mew and Gulf looked a little shocked, but Prem was the most shocked. His mouth had just runaway without him again.

"Stop laughing at me, Boun! I didn't mean to say that, you know, out loud."

"I know, cutie. I know. But you're just so funny!"

Gulf was a little uncomfortable being called handsome and was also confused. He was oblivious to Boun and Prem's meaning, but knew he was being teased somehow. Pouting, he flopped down next to Mew. This was not how he had wanted the night to go. Gulf had wanted to get back at Boun for Mew, but it had backfired; Gulf just wasn't sure how.

"What are they talking about?" Gulf whispered, leaning against Mew.

Mew's brain blanked out. How could he explain this to Gulf? Or maybe is this a blessing in disguise? Mew could see how Gulf feels about being paired with him in a romantic relationship.

"They're suggesting that we should be dating."

"Oh," Gulf frowned, thinking things over.

Gulf hadn't been in a relationship before; he had never really wanted to have one. He had not considered who he found attractive at all. Sure, he could tell when someone was handsome or beautiful, but had never been attracted to them. Gulf had always just focused on his projects and after he met Justice, then well he became focused on meting out their brand of vigilante justice.

Gulf shifted on the sofa, so he was kneeling next to Mew, then looked him up and down slowly.

"Uh, Gulf?"

Mew looked over at Boun and Prem, silently asking for their help, but they just continued to watch with raised eyebrows.

"You are handsome."