3 - Barrow

This right here is what I came back to Beacon Hills. William Barrow, a mass murderer, is somewhere in the school after he was at the hospital for surgery. Stiles heard from his dad that Barrow woke up in the middle of his surgery with flies erupting out of his tumor. He quickly disappeared and everyone believes that Barrow is at the school, although they are keeping it a secret from most of the students. The school is on lockdown, no one allowed to leave or enter, but classes are still going on. 

        I had to leave everyone to get rid of my books and place them in my locker. We should be in class, but there is no way I am not getting involved. Unfortunately, I can't carry my bow around, but I do have a few knives stashed away. I jog down the hallway, looking for Scott and Stiles. If a teacher catches me wandering the halls, I'll probably get in trouble, however, I have no plans in getting caught. 

        I whip around a corner, running smack into Isaac's chest. I rub my nose and back up. I catch sight of Allison standing behind Isaac. Her mouth is slightly ajar, like she can't believe I'm actually here. I let my eyes float over her, landing on Stiles. Lydia is with them, too. She was thrilled when she say that I was here.

        Stiles keeps on walking with all of us behind him. 

        "Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words?" I jump in the conversation. 

        Stiles nods. "Yeah, and no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just that when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies, which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome."

        "Did you say flies?" Lydia asks, standing still in the middle of the hallway, a few feet away from us. 

        I walk closer to my best friend. "Lydia, what is it?"

        "All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like this...buzzing." Lydia makes a face as she thinks of a right word to say. 

        "Like the sound of flies?" Allison strides forward. 

        "Exactly like the sound of flies."

        "Okay, look, we need to think of a plan before we jump into this all irrationally." I hold my hands up. Stiles had this look on his face, like he was going to take off running with no plan in mind. 

        "The first thing we have to do is tell Scott." Stiles takes off running down the hallway. 

        "Stiles!" I shout at him, annoyed. I throw my hands up in the air, watching his figure disappear in the mass of students filing out of the classrooms as the bell rings. I whirl around to face the rest of them. "Is no one thinking logically here?"

        "I'm going to go catch up with him." Lydia gives me a weak smile and runs as much as she can in her heels. 

        That leaves me alone with Isaac and Allison. Why do I get the feeling that she did this on purpose? I spin my head back around to see Allison smiling at me. 

        "How have you been?" Allison asks, this look on her face that I haven't been gone for months and that everything is fine between us. 

        I roll my eyes, growing bitter. "Don't."

        Allison frowns, not understanding the bitterness in my voice. "What?"

        "Allison, we may be blood related, but that's it. We're not family. You and Dad treated me like shit when all I was trying to do was save my friends and keep the guy I loved alive. So what, I lied to you. That didn't give you the right to treat me the way you did. Not to mention that, you planned to kill anyone that got in your way to kill Derek. Everyone wanted me to be like Kate, but it turns out that it was you that was destined to be like her this entire time."