6 - Reunion

"Okay, we need to talk." Lydia yanks me in an abandoned classroom by my elbow, a grip so tight that I don't dare try to break out of.

I let her lead me in the dark classroom, recognizing it as our math classroom. The two of us had just walked through the school doors after meeting up in the parking lot. Why didn't she just do this there? Of course, Scott and Stiles weren't too far away and something has me thinking that she doesn't want them to overhear. I jump on top of one of the desks, kicking my legs back and forth as Lydia locks us in.

She spins around, stepping out of sight if someone happens to look in through the window of the door. "What the hell is going on with you?"

I furrow my eyebrows. Okay. Not what I was expecting. Although, I'm not really sure what I was expecting. Lydia can be a little unpredictable at times. "I'm sorry?"

"Friday night." Lydia tries to get me to remember.

"The weird black ninja things?" I frown, still not following.

Lydia rolls her eyes once. "You dancing with Isaac."

Oh. So, she did notice us dancing last night. I knew I saw her look at us a few times.

"Oh," I rub my nose, pretending that I just remembered what she was talking about. "I had a few drinks and- I don't know. It's not going to happen again."

"You don't know?"

I shake my head. "I mean, I did not plan on dancing with Isaac."

"But you did."

I narrow my eyes towards my best friend. "Thank you for that, Captain Obvious." I cross my ankles together. "It was weird."

Lydia steps a little closer. "Good or bad weird?"

I pretend to think it over. I sigh. "I don't know, but I didn't really hate it."

"Oh, god, no." Lydia shakes her head, like she knows something I don't. She points her finger at me. "No way. Not allowed."

"What are you talking about?" I demand.

"You're starting to like Isaac." Lydia wrinkles her nose at the mere thought of Isaac.

I snort with laughter. "Yeah, right! He's Isaac and I'm me. We don't even have that much in common."

"Contrary to belief, you guys actually do have a lot in common. You just don't see it because you guys both try to be more badass than the other. You're, like, always in a secret competition to one up each other." Lydia explains.

I stare down at the floor, pretending to make it look like I'm really thinking all of this over. Yeah, I hate to lie to Lydia, but it needs to be done. If she truly believes it, then everyone else will, too. "I don't like Isaac."

"You don't hate him either." Lydia adds. "Damn, bad boys."

"What?" I giggle.

"Bad boys." Lydia repeats herself, flicking a piece of strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder. "I'm attracted to them and it seems like you are, too. Which really isn't surprising because you were dating Derek." Lydia presses her lips together. "You know, I really did like you with Derek." She holds her hands up. "That's just an opinion. Don't kill me."

I shake my head. "Okay, you know what? You'll be bound to figure this out eventually."

Lydia's lips turn down. "What?"