II

"You have been looking at that ring for a long time." Joe chuckled as he joined me and Sophie by the pool. He sat beside his glowing wife and I had to smile, they looked so happy, especially after they got married. 

It was the weekend after the Grammy's. Joe, who apparently was in town because of the proposal, came over with Sophie. They congratulated us as soon as I opened the door. 

I smiled, "Sorry. I was just telling Sophie and Dani about it." I lifted my phone to show Danielle to Joe. Kevin and Danielle couldn't come so they called me up when Joe and Sophie arrived - they said it was as though they arrived with them.

"Hey Dani. Sorry. Was I interrupting girl talk?" Joe grinned. Even if he knew he was interrupting, Joe would never leave. He has this thought that when we girls talk, we talk about them. We don't. Not usually.

"Hey, I'm still here!" Kevin protested in the background. He was in-charge of the girls today while Danielle talked with me and Sophie. "Hi Joe. Where's Nick?"

"Guys! A little privacy?" Sophie laughed and hit her husband playfully. "We haven't seen each other in a long time. Let the girls talk."

Danielle agreed, "Go and pester Nick, Joe."

"I heard my name." Nick finally joined us. He pulled up a seat and sat beside me. "Hey Dani. Is Kevin there?"

Kevin appeared as soon as Nick asked. He waved at the camera and was carrying Valentina. "Hey Nick. Say hi to Uncle Nick." 

"Uncle Nick!" Another voice joined the video chat. Danielle was joined by Alena who was so excited to have Nick around. Nick was obviously her favorite uncle.

Nick took the phone from me and smiled, "Hey baby!"

I pouted at Nick but he didn't see. Joe saw me though, "Pout all you want, Goldie, but Alena will dethrone you any day." He chuckled when I continued pouting, "So, engaged huh?"

"Yeah. Like what I was telling Soph, I just didn't see it coming!" I glanced at Nick, who winked at me when he noticed. "I didn't think we'd be married for another two years." I raised my hand, looking at my ring again. According to reports, this diamond cut 12 carat diamond cost Nick about $2 million. He would never answer me if the gossips were true or not. Nick would just wink and kiss my cheek. "But here it is."

"We're all so excited that you're finally joining the family for real, Y/N." We heard Danielle say. Nick had turned the camera back to me, "I mean, we have been telling Nick to propose already. He says he needs the right time to do it." Nick handed me the phone, "Right Nick?"

"Yes Dani. I told you. The right moment." Nick grinned, wrapping an arm around me.

Joe rolled his eyes at Nick's effort to sound suave, "What if you lost? You're going to propose next year during the next Grammy's?"

"Tik tok, Nick." Sophie teased.

"And gawd, Nick, can't you get anymore scandalous? Look at the size of that ring." Kevin peered behind Danielle's shoulder, "And during your acceptance speech, really?"

I pursed my lips and held back a laugh, "I could've said no."

Joe laughed loudly, "I can imagine the headlines now!" Nick hit him and Joe rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, as though Y/N will even say no to you. You guys fly back and forth to different countries for each other when you were apart. And I swear, Nicholas, if you didn't propose and let Y/N go for the second time, I will disown you."

"If Frankie doesn't do it first." Kevin laughed. "Remember when Frankie refused to talk to Nick when the two broke up?"

Nick sighed and shook his head, "He was harsh even as a little boy. I mean, he didn't talk to me for a month. He obviously has a favorite out of my girlfriends."

I smirked and glanced at Nick, "What can I say? I have magic."

"That is true." Nick laid a kiss on my cheek and smiled at our guests, "By the way, food is ready. Joe, help me bring out the burgers."

Joe and Nick made their way back in the house and Kevin frowned, "I want burgers now too." Sophie and I heard Alena say she wanted some as well. "I'll be right back. I'll just call for take outs. Your usual, Dani?" 

"Yes, thank you." Danielle and Kevin shared a kiss before Kevin left the room. Danielle turned her attention back to me and Sophie, "When are you going to start planning your wedding?"

I hesitated and then told them, "Is it bad that I don't want to start yet? I mean, I'm taking six months off. I want to stay as stress-free as possible."

Sophie nodded, "Well, you can't plan a wedding and be stress-free." 

"You guys make it look so easy. I mean, you guys look so beautiful in your wedding photos." I grumbled.

Danielle laughed, "Y/N, Sophie and I were stressed out in our own weddings. There were a lot of problems and we simply just can't get our head wrapped around every single thing."

"So what we did is smile and hope it'll work out in the end." Sophie finished. "Besides, Nick is so detail-oriented that I think he'll be more stressed than you."

"He's such a perfectionist too." 

I took all what they said and suddenly realized that I need to plan this wedding during this six months. I know for a fact that I can't make two things work at the same time. If I will be working on a movie after this break, I need to do the wedding plans now.

"But don't pressure yourself, okay Y/N?" Dani's voice was the comfort I needed, "Sophie and I are here if you need us. We're sisters, remember?"

"I just love you guys." I appreciate Dani and Sophie's presence in my life. Danielle is just this responsible, level-headed person that knows what needs to be done and does it. Sophie is more relaxed than Danielle but would help out when she is needed. "Thank you."

Being an only child, I never really had this much of support from people my age. My cousins were either older or younger than I am. So for these two to come in my life is such a blessing.

A plate of burger appeared before me and Nick was grinning from ear to ear, "My recipe. This is going to blow your mind." He gave me another quick kiss, "Should I send you yours, Dani?"

"Let me have a look at the recipe first before sending me one. I still don't trust you after you nearly food poisoned me with your pancakes." 

"That was one time!" Nick defended himself as he sat back down. 

I put ketchup and mustard in my burger and took a big healthy bite out of it.

Joe grinned, "Well man, at least this girl trusts you enough to take a huge bite of this burger after knowing about your poor cooking skills." He and Sophie started eating and he actually looked genuinely surprised at the outcome, "That kitchen is definitely rigged, Y/N. This came out so well."

I moaned and nodded, "Damn, this is so good. Nicholas, you are simply amazing." 

Nick grinned triumphantly, "What can I say? These hands? Husband material." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

Alright. With everything that's making me nervous, Nick is the only thing I'm sure about in life. I have to admit I am excited with the thought of getting married to this...hot, hot man. 

"Wow Nick, husband material?" Kevin's voice was heard from behind Dani again.

"Of course! I have managed to capture the heart of Golden Girl and the Oscar winner, Y/N. She will be Mrs. Nick Jonas." Nick said with a huge grin on his face, "Or I can take your name, Y/N, I don't mind."

Joe turned to me, "He's serious. Please just take him in. We can't stand him anymore." We laughed when Nick feigned looking absolutely insulted.

God. If only every single day will be this easy.