XVII

I sunk in the water as I tried to release my stress with a bubble bath. When I came home, it was already pretty dark but I was still waiting for Nick since he was still out. It would seem lame if I waited by the door for him so I decided to preoccupy myself with something. Hence the bath.

Once I was done, I dried up and wore my bathrobe. I glanced at my phone to check the time and found a message from Joe that read:

Nick invited me out to drink. I'll weasle out info from him. I'll take him home in case he gets too drunk. 

I let out a sigh and sat on our bed. Was this really necessary? But I shrugged, Joe knew best so I let it go. If this was going to solve everything, I am so willing to try it. So I replied:

Should I wait up?

While I waited for Joe's message, I got dressed for bed and slid under the blankets. Joe replied to me, saying no. So I decided to just get some rest and see what happens when I wake up. I also sent Nick a message, saying:

Have fun with Joe. Come home safe.

Then I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

I actually didn't know if it has been a few hours but I woke up when I felt something weighing down the space beside me. I opened my eyes and saw Nick just about to lay down. His cheeks were red and his eyes looked like he just finished crying. 

He saw that I was awake and I could smell alcohol from his breath, "Sorry. I tried to be really quiet." He gave me a grin. Damn. I forgot how drunk Nick looked like. He yawned and laid down on the bed. "Sorry I didn't tell you about Joe and drinking." 

I smiled, noting how uninhibited he was. "I don't mind. Joe told me."

He closed his eyes and nodded. "I saw your picture together. Why didn't you take me with you?" Nick had his eyes open now and a slight pout on his lips. "I wanted to be there, Y/N. I want to be with you."

"Sorry baby." I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"Are you still angry at me?" I heard him ask. I shook my head and he continued speaking, "I'm sorry I suggested that. You know, to have a house together. I just wanted us to be somewhere that is both ours than just you." And then I heard him sniff.

I lifted my head and saw the tears brimming in his eyes as he watched me sit up.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

"Oh baby." I cupped his warm flushed cheeks and gave him a kiss, "No. Let's get a house together."

Nick sniffed again and I wiped the tears rolling down on the side of his face. "I can't let you give up your house."

"We'll get one together. We'll build it together." I whispered as I hovered over him.

"I would love that, babe." He gave me a smile. Nick closed his eyes again and rubbed them, "Sorry about Ila."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I frowned now.

"Do you trust me?" He whispered, still not opening his eyes.

I put my eyes on him and watched his peaceful expression, "I do. I trust you with everything I have." I watched as his lips twisted into another smile, "I trust you, Nick."

"Okay. Thank you."

Then he dozed off, snoring softly.

I smiled and gave his lips another kiss before laying my head on his chest again. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt like weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

When I woke up, it was already bright. Nick was still sound asleep so I decided to slide off his arms and prepare breakfast for him. Before heading downstairs, I took my phone and saw a few texts messages and two missed calls from Nick.

I read them and I figured he was drunk:

baby i miss you

why aren't you answering my calls???

sorry maybe you're alseep. i love u

im thinking about u

baby were home

I laughed softly, seeing the progression his night took. I will keep these messages which reminded me that when my fiance gets drunk, he thinks of me.

When I finished with Nick's breakfast, - composed of veggie omelette and avocado toast with coconut smoothie with berries and chia - he popped in the kitchen looking for a glass of water. Nick was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Good morning." I greeted him, plating everything.

He downed a glass and turned to me, "Sorry about last night."

"What are you apologizing for? I still think we should get our own…" I stopped when I felt Nick wrap his arms around my waist. He laid his head on my shoulder and squeezed me affectionately. He likes giving and receiving back hugs.

"Ila and I aren't involved." He started to say. "You don't have to sell this house if you don't want to. I found a house that you'd love. I actually bought it already but no furniture yet. It was supposed to be a wedding gift but I figured Joe told you I found one."

I smiled, "He slipped that you guys were looking."

"Will you still marry me?" He asked with a soft voice.

I leaned my head with his, "Nicholas, I will. I will still marry you."

It wasn't even a question. No matter how much we have already paid for or how far along the plans are with Geneva, it was more of the fact that this one minor spat isn't going to change how I feel about Nick. Not ever.

"I love you, Y/N." He kissed my shoulder. 

"I love you too."