XIII

After an hour, a waiter came over with the next clue. I called over Nick, who was chilling in the pool. I didn't want my little sightseeing with his body to be over but we needed to finish this fast. It made me curious what the end will bring us.

Nick climbed out of the pool and he dried himself up with a towel as I read the next clue:

Where to, this time?
The answer is hiding in this rhyme.
Your next destination awaits for you -
For sure, your senses will thank us too!
For your next stop is a haven of relaxation
We aren't even trying to hide it! Just go on!

We looked at each other and smiled. This was by far the easiest one out of the bunch.

"Spa?"
"Spa."

We went straight to the spa and the attendant said that our crew specifically planned separate activities for us. The bride will apparently get a facial, body scrub, and body massage. The groom will have body polish, deep tissue massage with foot soak.

I pouted, "Why can't we go together?"

Nick laughed and gave my lips a light kiss, which gave me butterflies, "Don't worry, baby, when we get married, you'll be so sick of me that you'd wish I just go away."

"I doubt that." But I consented. I took my time in the spa, wondering what Nick was doing at the moment. Then at the back of my mind, I thought about the effort the groomsmen and the bridesmaids gave for this day. It made me smile, thinking about how they planned it. 

I could imagine Joe and Sophie being the mastermind of it all - since they were the best man and the maid-of-honor. They probably didn't think of the joint party first until Danielle suggested it. They would've thought it was perfect but they wouldn't make it easy for us so they made the clues. I smiled, trying to stifle my laugh since it would be weird to laugh without anyone else in the room.

Once my session is done, Nick and I met outside the spa. We were both relaxed and happy. I gave Nick a big kiss to which he replied, "We've been apart for just two hours, babe." But he did embrace me and gave me a squeeze. "Alright. Where do you think we'll go next?"

I shrugged. "Well, they didn't give us a clue inside. Do you want to go back and…"

Nick took something from the wall and grinned. It was a photo of our crew - all smiles and squished together to accommodate everyone in the shot. 

"That is so cute." I smiled and then turned the photo around. A clue was written there:

The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you! 
With friends within arms reach
The final destination is going to be the...?

"Beach!" We looked at each other and chorused. We took each other's hand and asked for directions to the beach. It was quite a walk but when we got to the beach, we found our I Do Crew waiting for us.

"Surprise!" They all exclaimed happily.

Nick chuckled and led me towards the group. I teared up and started sniffing, "You guys! This is just so sweet!"

"Don't go crying on us now, Y/N!" Joe stepped forward and hugged me, "Did you like it though?"

"Well duh?" I laughed.

With the entire resort reserved for us and this party, it was peaceful. There was a bonfire set up and a few mats with guitars, snacks, and various stuff. A stereo was the cause of the sound we heard on the way to the beach and it was playing the songs we used to listen to when we were young like Westlife. A mini bar was open for the occasion and the staff were smiling kindly at us. This definitely would be an intimate party with just us and our friends. 

"This is perfect. Thank you!" I squealed as I went to hug the entire crew. Nick pulled in everyone and I could hear him thanking everyone's effort.

"The hunt was a brilliant touch. Who thought of it?" Nick grinned and looked around. 

Kevin and Danielle raised their hands. Kevin grinned, "Marriage is all about teamwork. So Dani and I thought that we have to give you a taste of it. It is always you and her against the problem. Never you versus her." He wrapped his arm around his wife's waist - it was a little gesture but it always made me look up to them. Kevin is a faithful guy and you could see it in the way he always wanted to be close with Danielle, physically or emotionally.

"It was a group effort definitely." Joe spoke up with a huge smile. "So, to celebrate you getting here on time, let's take a photo to add to your collection!" We huddled up and Joe took a group photo. 

After that, they turned the sound up. I introduced Nick to my school buddies, Chloe and Isabella, and I was actually so glad they flew all the way here for the joint bachelor/bachelorette. They mentioned Joe wouldn't take no for an answer. I laughed, knowing how annoying he can be. 

We spent the afternoon chilling by the beach and by night time, we gathered around the fire. I sat beside my husband-to-be who had a guitar in his hand and was singing.

Chloe, one of my school friends, nudged me gently, "I always thought you'd make it big, Y/N. You have big dreams and you never gave up on them. I'm so proud of you."

I hugged her and smiled, touched with her words. "Thanks C. Thank you for being here and sayong yes to be part of my wedding."

"Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss it for the world." Isabella offered me a drink.

"Okay. Before we continue with the night and get so drunk we'll end up sleeping here -"

Kevin interjected, "Just you, Joe."

The second brother rolled his eyes, "Don't be such a killjoy, Kev. Alright, before I was so rudely interrupted, can we hear a few words from our groom and our bride?"

The crew cheered and I shook my head, "No no! Don't make me cry!"

"Alright. I'll go first." Nick set the guitar behind him and looked around at the bright, happy faces of our friends. "Thank you. This is from the both of us. Thank you. We are so lucky to have an awesome circle of friends like you guys."

"Aw!"
"Joe!"
"Sorry."

Nick chuckled and shifted the glance to me. I don't know why but the light from the fire was illuminating his features so beautifully that I swear my heart skipped a few beats that moment. "And to my bride, thank you. Thank you for giving me that chance. One more chance is all I needed to make it right."

"Duh? We threatened you to make it right this time." Frankie grinned wide, giving me a playful wink telling me he was on my side.

Nick laced his fingers with mine. Even with the grainy sand between our skin, I could feel so connected with him. "I love you, Y/N. This time, let's make it official. No more turning back."

I could feel myself tearing up but when a box of tissues were passed to me, I could only laugh. They expected I would cry so they got tissues. "Thank you. We can't imagine a more perfect party than this. Friends. Music. Beach. This is just amazing. You are the most amazing I Do Crew that a pair could ever have."

I squeezed Nick's hand and shifted to look at him. He watched me with the same loving eyes I have basked on for years. "And to you, Nicholas. Thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me. I will make sure I love you as you deserve to be loved."

I brought his hand to my lips and kissed his knuckles like he always did with mine, "I love you and I will keep on choosing you everyday."

Nick leaned forward and gave me a chaste kiss. We heard them cheer and when we separated, the party continued. After a few rounds of drinks and games (which finally ended after a game of truth or dare), we were all spent. Our bodies were tired from the swimming, our cameras spent after all the photos we took, and our cheeks hurt from the smiling and the laughing. But everyone had a great time.