Epilogue

"What do you mean you have a boyfriend?"

I whipped my head towards Nick who was spoon-feeding our one year old baby girl. 

Of course, Madeline wasn't telling my husband about a boyfriend. I don't think he could even make sense of what she was talking about. Our baby babbled on, giggling as though she knew what her father was talking about. I bit my lip to stifle my laughter, if only you knew.

"Maddie! My sweet sweet Maddie!" I heard Joe's voice enter the kitchen. It was even a wonder why I heard him since Christmas carols blazed through our sound system.

Yes. Nick and I are hardcore Christmas people.

Sophie followed Joe in the kitchen and I left my recipe book on the countertop. I squealed when I saw Sophie, who was now sporting her six month pregnancy belly. "Oh wow. I can't wait for our first baby boy! Have you finally decided on a name?"

A few days before Christmas, the Jonases (along with our families) gather in one house, like a reunion. Last year, we all went over Joe and Sophie's and this year, it was our turn. It was a really fun tradition we started ever since Nick and I got married. It brought us closer together as a family and Christmas will never be quiet ever again.

"I still think you should name him after me." Nick watched Joe as he took over Madeline. He grinned up at me when Joe rolled his eyes at him, "Nicholas is a really cool name, right babe?" 

"Of course it is, babe." There are times when I tend to just go along their banter.

Joe mocked me before turning his attention back to wide-eyed Maddie whose curly hair flopped over her eyes. "Your hair still has a life of its own, Maddie baby?" Joe cooed as he swept her hair away and kissed the top of her head. Maddie, who seemed to love kisses, gurgled happily. 

“He’s really good with kids.” Sophie joined me while I leafed through my cookbook. She leaned her hip on the counter and I offered her tea, which I made for breakfast. 

I grinned at her, “Joseph is practically a kid, Soph.” We laughed and then I added, “He’s going to make a great dad. Joseph loves kids.” We watched him as he and Nick fawned over small Maddie. Nick has been such a good dad to Madeline too. Nick is a hands-on dad and is always there for Maddie’s first. Although it did disappoint him when her first word was mama but delighted him when she practically calls everyone mama anyway. 

“How are you?” Sophie took a sip from the cup and gave me a playful smile, “Aren’t you and Nick planning to have another child?”

I shook my head. For the two years of our marriage, Nick and I have only sat down once to talk about kids. Because we were so busy, we really don’t have time for another child. It isn’t as though we didn’t want to but we felt we would be unfair to them if we can’t give them our time and attention. Nick was still making music, his passion, and he has devoted all his time for me and Maddie. He also accepted a role in the Netflix series called Sidetracked - in which he plays a professor. I have just finished filming The Exile, a dystopian film which I fell in-love with when I first read the script. I have also published Barenaked last year and it was a bestseller which made Nick urge me to write more.

"We're still having fun taking care of Maddie." I told her with a smile, "Nick adores her."

"Who wouldn't?" 

Sophie was right. Madeline Eve Jonas is the happiest baby I have ever met. She cries less than usual and likes people so she flourishes whenever people are around, especially if they coo over her. She clings to me whenever possible but is happy to be carried by family and friends. People love her, especially her grandparents, because she is just a chubby ball of sunshine.

"Wowee!" 

Sophie and I lifted our heads in surprise. Aside from mama, Maddie's babbling is almost incoherent. But there she is, calling Joe by his nickname with her father devastated that she still hasn't called him dada.

"Oh my gosh!" Joe lifted Maddie in the air, earning himself gales of giggles from the baby girl. He took Maddie and walked over to us, "Did you hear that? She knows my name!"

How could she not? Joe video calls her every single day just to repeat to her who he is.

Nick followed his brother and pouted.

I laughed and embraced my husband. Leaning to his ear, I whispered, "Their baby will know your name. We'll make sure of it."

My husband squeezed me, "Thanks." When we heard the doorbell, Nick pulled away, "Must be Valentina!" Well, Valentina with her family but Nick always say it like that. He pulled away from me and went off to open the door.

"False alarm!" I heard Nick yell out, "Our parents are back from shopping!" 

I left Maddie with Joe and Sophie to help bring the groceries in the kitchen. Mrs. Jonas and my mom decided to bring their husbands out for shopping - gifts and groceries. When I saw them, they were bringing in a lot of bags.

"Wow." I took grocery bags from Denise and brought them in the kitchen. 

"Is Frankie up yet?" Kevin Sr entered the kitchen with a few more grocery bags.

I grinned, "Not yet, dad." Frankie likes to sleep in and we let him. His dad has issues about it though. He says great things happen in the morning and Frankie misses out.

Well, he would still see that Joe and Sophie are here so I don't think it makes such a difference. I grinned and offered a mug of freshly brewed coffee to Kevin Sr, "Don't worry about it too much, dad. Here. Decaffeinated coffee for you. I know how cold it is outside."

"One mug for me too." My dad grinned as he too entered. "Hello baby Maddie!"

"Coming right up!" I poured my dad a mug and started another batch for Kevin and Danielle. "How was shopping?"

"Don't ask." My dad took a plate and wandered to get food.

Kevin and Danielle, with their beautiful daughters Alena and Valentina, arrived an hour later. To Nick's happiness, Alena declared him as her favorite uncle with which Joe retorted that Maddie adored him more.

"Did Maddie really say Joe's name?" Danielle grinned at us. She, Sophie, and I decided to sit on the sofa and just admire the Christmas tree.

Sophie laughed, "It was more like wowee? We don't really know for sure if Maddie did say it but Joe is pretty hyped about it." She sat, cross-legged on the sofa, looking absolutely beautiful with her pregnancy belly.

"Wow. Nick must have been so disappointed." Danielle turned to me. 

"He was." I pursed my lips but my smile was apparent. 

Danielle grinned and drank her coffee. She leaned on her seat and laid her head back, before closing her eyes.

"I prepared your room already," I told Dani, "If you want to lay down, you can."

"And miss out on the boys' argument?" Danielle opened her eyes and chuckled, "Nah." She looked tired from their flight but happy, really happy. "So, how are you, Y/N?"

"I'm really really happy." I told them both. 

Nick entered the living room and gave my cheek a kiss, "What are you Jonas girls talking about?" 

My eyes wandered over to our intertwined fingers and I couldn't help but smile.

Yes.

I am really really happy.

_________________________________________

Author's note:

Hello again! Thank you so much for supporting Golden Girl and Limelight Lovers.

Writing is something that brings me joy and we need that in the current situation of our world today. I hope this brought you joy as it did to me.

Stay safe, guys!

I'll see you guys next time.

x,
a