IV

"Y/N, I know you asked for time off. But this is big. Do you remember that young adult novel you adore so much?"

The tone in Holly's voice changed my mind about telling her off about pressing me for another job. "Go on."

Holly let out a breath, as though relieved that I didn't hang up on her. "Well, the casting director called me. She wants you for the role of Callida."

Callida is one of the protagonists in the YA novel The Stargazers. The story revolves around people who have received magical powers due to an irregularity with the stars. These people were sent to the Center, a laboratory with the goal of curing their conditions. They break out of the Center and they try to convince people that they were not as bad as the government portrayed them to be.

I have been hooked in that novel ever since it came out on the summer of 2015. It would be such a dream to be part of that movie.

"Of course, you have to either send in an audition video or read for them but the casting director really wants you." Holly continued, the energy in her voice didn't die down. "Now that Hannah is not with you anymore, do you still not want me to find you a new assistant? I can't always be with you."

Hannah, my first and last assistant, resigned from her post last August. She said I inspired her so she applied and got a spot in Juilliard. We still keep in touch.

"I'm good. I'll see what I can do, Holly. Thank you." I ended the call. I felt woozy all of a sudden. Of course I want to audition! This will be my first film with actual special effects. But then again, I have been feeling really demotivated lately so if I push myself, would I be able to finish the movie with my sanity intact?

And then, I remembered the wedding. I still have to plan the wedding.

I went downstairs from our bedroom to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Nick was busy in the studio today so I was home alone. 

My heart started to race the moment I got in the kitchen. I made my way towards the fridge and grasped the handle as tightly as I could because I suddenly felt lightheaded. I was trying to catch my breath and I know it isn't from the stairs. My fingers felt cold, as though I was dipping them in a bucket full of ice cold water.

I sunk to my knees, forgetting what I came here for. I need to calm down. I need to… Fuck, my chest hurts. What is…

"Miss? Miss? What's wrong?"

It was the last thing I heard.

_________________________________________

"We will not rule out the possibility of a heart attack happening, Mr. Jonas." A kind voice was the first thing I heard when I woke up. "Her medical history do not show any signs of heart problems. We will do tests just to check."

Nick's voice came after. I haven't opened my eyes yet because the light hurt my eyes. "Her mother said that she has occasional panic attacks but I've never experienced it with her before so I can't be sure."

"Panic attack can be a possibility but it is rare." The other person, who I guessed was the doctor, responded, "Fainting from panic attacks can happen - but it's rare. Fainting occurs when your blood pressure drops - it's a self-defense mechanism the body has that body has to ensure blood flow to the brain. In panic attacks, your blood pressure tends to rise - instead of fall. That being said, other conditions such as syncope can cause one to faint during a panic attack."

There was silence followed by a soft thank you from Nicholas. Someone left the room and I hope it wasn't Nick. I need him.

When my eyes got accustomed to the light, I opened them, "Nick?" My throat was dry. I could barely make out his name.

Nick came to my side as quick as he could, "Gawd Y/N." He held my face with both of his hands, "You scared me."

I smiled weakly, "Where am I?"

"The hospital. Louise," Our housekeeper, "called me up. She found you unconscious in the kitchen. She was so scared she called 911." He kissed me all over my face, "How do you feel?" 

"Like crap." I groaned before I stopped Nick from calling the doctor back inside. "Don't. Not yet. I… I'm pretty sure I had the worst panic attack. It happened to me before but it lasted a few minutes. Nothing like this."

My worried boyfriend took a bottle of water and opened it for me. I was feeling weak so he had to help me out.

"If this is a panic attack, what triggered it?" Nick asked, capping the bottle and putting it on my bedside table.

I sighed, "Holly called. I was asked to audition for The Stargazers. I wanted to. But I have been feeling physically and emotionally tired which is why I asked for a break. But I wanted to audition so bad. Then we still have the wedding to plan. Everything just hit me at once, you know."

After hearing my explanation, Nick leaned and kissed my forehead. "You need a vacation. A real one. You seem like you're all burnt out."

"A vacation? Really? Where will we go?" I perked up. This will be our first.

His face turned serious, "Promise to me that you will take all the tests that the doctor will advise you to have."

"What? No. I'm fine. There's no need for that."

And then he called me by my full name, "Y/N. Tests." I scowled when I heard him. "I want to make sure you're okay. Please. And I don't want to argue about this."

"I know my own body." I complained. It would be a waste of time to take those tests when I know my heart is fine.

Nick is being ridiculous.

"Yes but I will be calm knowing you're completely healthy." My boyfriend said with a tone of finality. He looked determined enough to go against anything I'll say. 

I decided to drop the topic and just say yes. If this will ease his mind, why not?

"Fine." I surrendered. "I don't want to make a big deal out of it but alright." Nick sent me a frown, "Well, it isn't a big deal. Stop worrying please."

I have this desire to apologize to Nick when he looked at me like that but I know my body. I haven't been hospitalized in years.

Nick stood up from my bedside, his frown still present. "I'll call the doctor."

Great! Now he's mad.

"Can you just stop worrying? Damn it." Seriously, if he doesn't stop making a fuss about me, I'm going to lose it.

"You know what? I don't understand why you are not concerned over this. This is your health we're talking about. You're in the hospital. You have scared everyone, including me. Especially me! And you're brushing it off as if its a damn cold. I wish it was just a cold because I am freaking out over here." Nick held the doorknob and clenched his jaw. "Now, I'll call the doctor to check on you. So can you just please stay put?"

And then he left.

Limelight Lovers: Nick Jonas x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें