Chapter One

Have you ever sent a message on a wrong Id thinking it to be someone else?

Nandini had just entered her home after a tiring day at work when she found her family waiting for her in the living room. She sent them a tiring smile and went to freshen up after which they could have dinner together.

It was a rule in the Murthy house─breakfast, lunch or dinner, they should have atleast have one meal together, all of them. At the table they would share their whole day, relieving stress, cracking jokes.

After they were done, everyone dispersed to their rooms. Nandini changed into her night suit and sat on her bed with her phone scrolling through it.

A particular news about her favourite singer Manik Malhotra caught her attention and she clicked on it.

"The heartthrob of many fangirls to finally join Instagram"

The headlines read with a picture of his on the side and she felt the excitement bubbling up inside her as she reread the news. She felt like jumping in joy and she did. Standing up on her bed, she jumped like a kid not being able to contain her excitement.

Finally after ten minutes she composed herself and sat down. She checked for the details but there was not much mentioned. She decided to open instagram and check under his name.

She typed @manikmalhotra and to her surprise there was one account under that name. She opened the account frowned as his display picture was black. She then found his account private with only one picture posted, 793 followers and 90 following.

Strange! He wouldn't keep his account private as he's a public figure. But what if he has?

She then decided to message him although she knew he wouldn't reply, but what would it cost if she did. She opened his account and typed a message.

Sighing she kept her phone aside and decided to sleep

Sighing she kept her phone aside and decided to sleep. Just then her phone pinged and she frowned.

Message from @manikmalhotra

Her mouth hung open and she immediately opened the chat.

What the hell!

What the hell!

What was going on? Was he playing around with her?

Confused she decided to ask her friend about Manik's account id and messaged her. Her reply came in seconds. Her eyes grew wide at her reply.

"Bro he still isn't on Instagram. We'll see it in the news the next minute when he joins." Was her reply and Nandini felt like killing herself right then.

Which Manik Malhotra had she messaged?

And he was flirting with her. That creep!

She decided to close the matter then and there. She was so glad that she hadn't sent him a follow request.

When after twenty minutes he didn't reply, she sighed in relief and kept her phone on her nightstand going off to sleep

The next day as she woke up she checked her phone first and groaned as she found a message from him. Deciding to check it later she got off the bed and went in the bathroom.

After she was ready to go to work she took her phone and remembered about the "fake manikmalhotra"

Opening the chat she read his messages.

Without her knowing a chuckle escaped her mouth at his dramatic reply

Without her knowing a chuckle escaped her mouth at his dramatic reply. The all caps added effect and she realised that he had sent this message yesterday itself after she had slept.

She wanted to reply back but was running late for her work, so she just stuffed her phone in her bag and ran out of her room.

So I'm going to keep the chapters of this length. :)