Chapter Twelve

A small harmless prank is allowed right?

(Because emaanjavd__ requested it and here it is)

Manik was still looking around and Nandini was looking at him, hiding. She had made up her mind that she will make their first encounter a rememberable one. It was going to be one of a kind.

Pursing her lips she looked at her phone where his message stayed without any reply. So the next second she dialed his number and much to her surprise he picked it up in the first ring itself.

"Nandini where are you? I've been waiting for you." His voice held urgency and desperation and she felt guilty for doing this to him when he was so eager to meet her.

"Manik I'm sorry." She said in a sad voice and he looked alarmed. He was standing in the middle of the way and he didn't even care to move as people kept giving him looks to move aside.

"What?" He asked and she sighed deeply.

"I can't come Manik. Dad had made plans for today's outing and he kept it a surprise. So when he told me today I couldn't say no to him. I'm really sorry." She muttered and saw his shoulders fall in defeat. For a minute she felt like dropping the plan and going straight up to him but she controlled herself.

"Oh!" He said simply as a dejected look formed on his face. He sat down at an empty table nearby and looked ahead with a sad face.

"I'm feeling very bad. It was me who had asked to meet and now I'm ditching you. I'm so sorry." She muttered guiltily and heard him sigh with his head bent down.

"No it's fine Nandini. Family is important. You enjoy, we'll meet some other time. Have fun." He said all this with a sad smile and ended the call. She kept looking at him as he sat there looking at his phone.

Deciding it was enough she came out of her hiding place and walked upto him.

"Excuse me?" She called out and he looked up. His eyes were brown and deep and so captivating that she couldn't look away. And somehow he seemed as lost in her eyes as she was. When after few minutes, he came out of his staring game and she said nothing he cleared his throat and her cheeks burned in embarrassment.

"Um can I sit here? Are you waiting for someone?" She asked and he shook his head.

"No I'm not waiting for anybody. You can sit here as I was leaving anyways." He smiled politely and got up to leave when she stopped him.

"Wait, you can sit here. I don't mind because I'm not having any company either and there's no empty place around." She shrugged nonchalantly and she was right. The cafe was full but the person for whom he had come here was sadly not coming.

She looked at him trying to gauge his reaction as he was deep in his thoughts. Finally with a sigh he sat down and she smiled to herself.

"So do you want to talk or should I not bother you?" She asked and she was rather surprised at herself because she was so nervous earlier when he was not here and now she was suddenly to confident and playful.

"Oh its nothing like that. I don't like talking to strangers." He murmured the last part to himself but she heard it well.

"Really?" The tone was mocking and he could make that out because he narrowed his eyes at her but she just shrugged innocently.

"What was that supposed to mean?" He wasn't angry or offended, just curious.

"I just find it hard to believe that you won't talk to strangers." She replied and he leaned forward to rest his hands on the table.

"And why is that?" He whispered as if trying to intimidate her but she just smirked and leaned forward just like he did and rested her hands on the table as well.

"Because Manik you don't just talk to strangers but also flirt with them." She whispered back and stared in his eyes.

How was it? Did you'll like their meet? Do let me know :)