Chapter Seven

Are you bold during messages and a scaredy cat in person?

Before exchanging numbers with him, she made sure that she had removed her pictures from everywhere that he could see. Although it mainly included WhatsApp but still she checked other apps as well. Stupid I know!

But surprisingly after they exchanged numbers, when she first checked his WhatsApp dp, it was also blank. So he did the same thing as me! Huh! Smart butt.

He then sent her a text message which she opened immediately.

The hesitation in her message was visible and if he had guessed it, he dismissed it and the next second his name was flashing on her phone

She bit her lip and then cleared her throat before she slowly slid the answer button.

"Hii!" Her breath hitched at his deep, husky voice and suddenly she couldn't find her voice. There was no sound from the other side after that and she wondered if the line was disconnected.

"So you really aren't going to speak?" He questioned and she could hear the amusement in it. She bit her lip and then pursed her lips. Why the hell she couldn't speak?

"Okay I promise I won't laugh or make fun of your voice." The humour couldn't be missed this time. Oh god! Now he was laughing at her expense.

"Nandini? Are you uncomfortable?" He asked and hearing that finally something was out from her mouth.

"No!" She blurted out and immediately closed her eyes embarrassed at how stupid she sounded.

She heard him chuckle on the other side and she cursed herself more in her mind.

"Finally something! Thank you or else I would have assumed that you were dumb." Her eyes narrowed at that and all her nervousness flew away.

"Excuse me? I wouldn't even exchange numbers if I was dumb." She defended and there was silence on the other side.

"What the--!" Nandini was taken aback by his sudden high pitched voice. What happened to him suddenly?

There was some shuffling and some muffled voices but nothing was heard clearly. She waited for him to speak and looked at the time. It was past eight. Her father would be coming home any moment and so would her brother.

"Hello? Nandini? I'm sorry for keeping you on hold. That was my sister trying to eavesdrop so I had to push her out of my room and lock the door." He informed and she smiled thinking about her own brother. Younger siblings are annoying, she so agreed.

"That's okay! I have a brother too, so I know the feeling." She replied on the phone and as if the world hated her that moment, her brother came barging in.

"Yo! Sis what are you doing? It feels like I haven't seen you in ages, that is a good thing though." He didn't even give her a chance to speak and kept babbling. Nandini just looked at him in anger and then covering her phone she answered him.

"Yash get out!" She gritted and he was ready to protest but one call from their father downstairs and he had to leave. She sighed and uncovered her phone.

"I feel you!" He said and she chuckled at his comment. Before they could talk any more, Nandini was called for dinner.

"Manik? I'll call you later?" She asked softly and heard him sigh.

"Why can't we talk more? I don't want to hang up. I like to hear your voice." He replied in the same tone and she could feel her heart beating fast.

This man was making her feel things she had never experienced.

"I'll call you later before you sleep, I promise." She said and he said nothing as if contemplating about her offer.

"Okay but don't forget. I'll be waiting." He muttered as if grumpy and she smiled to herself. He surely must be pouting.

She hung up after that and moved downstairs to have her dinner but throughout, all she could think was about him.

I had posted a note about ending this story after which I posted a note again, clarifying that it was a prank. Just letting those know who didn't read the second one.
(But some people's comment did hurt though! Won't point out the names)