Chapter Ten

What if the sole reason from where it started comes into picture?

Nandini was in her office working on her desk when her phone pinged. Thinking it to be Manik she picked it up with a smile but then her smile vanished seeing it wasn't him.

It was her friend with whom she had confirmed that "Manik Malhotra" the famous singer was not yet on Instagram. It was her message. Disinterested she opened the message and her eyes widened seeing it.

"Bro, finally Manik Malhotra is on Instagram, and his account is already verified within an hour with 200K followers. You need to take a look!" She had sent her a picture of his account below.

She stared at the picture and couldn't feel any excitement building up in her like she had felt the first time

She stared at the picture and couldn't feel any excitement building up in her like she had felt the first time. And she knew why. Also she noticed his username as he had to add 'the' cause 'manikmalhotra' was already taken and maybe literally too.

But then a smirk formed on her face and she forwaded the picture to someone else with a message below it.

"Singer Manik Malhotra is finally on Instagram! You know I'm sooooo happy. I can't stop jumping."

It was another two minutes until her phone started vibrating. She smirked again and picked up after letting it ring for a few times.

"So that Manik Malhotra is finally on Instagram. Have you sent him a looong love letter that you had sent 'by mistake' to me?" He asked in a tight voice and she fought the urge to giggle.

"I have yet to start writing my looong love letter. But don't worry now that I know this is the singer Manik and the fact that his account is verified, I'm sure the address is right." She teased and heard him scoff on the other hand.

He is so jealous.

"What else? Are you following him already? Of course you are, it's visible in the picture you sent me." He went on grumbling things and she listened controlling her laugh.

"Well I have a whole different folder of his pictures in my gallery, you know. And I'm a crazy fangirl of his." She added fuel to the fire and seems like it was the last straw.

"Fucking great. Have fun with your singer Manik. Bye." He didn't realise he cursed but she did still she didn't say anything.

"Wait Manik." She called him just as he was about to hang up and surprisingly he did listen. She thought he would hang up in anger but he didn't. He kept his promise.

"I want to meet you." She said quietly and the line went silent. She could hear nothing except the voices in her office.

"Are you sure?" He asked softly and she was surprised as he still thought of her comfort. And was she sure? Definitely. She was as sure as about the fact that she liked him.

"Do you want me to change my mind?" She teased and he took it seriously because the next second she winced.

"Nooo! Yes finally I'll get to see you." He yelled happily into the phone and she chuckled as he forgot all about the previous talks.

They then discussed about the place, date and time where they'll meet and she couldn't wipe off the grin from her face the rest of the day.

Later that night as Nandini kept jumping in excitement about her meet with Manik she thought about how she was no more a crazy, mad fan of the Rockstar Manik Malhotra. Sure she was still a fan but not that crazy anymore who blushed at the mention of his name. Only difference was she will still blush on the same name but because of a completely different person.

They had decided to meet on Sunday at this famous cafe in the town. She didn't know if he stayed in the same town or somewhere far away but he didn't even object or argue when she mentioned the place and readily agreed.

"Aye mental person. Wassup?" Her brother came in her room as she sat on her bed after freshening up. She glared at him but he remained unfazed.

"Still a mannerless monkey. Can't you knock first and take my permission to come inside?" She narrowed her eyes and he just grinned in return.

"No I like it this way. And what are you? A princess? Huh. Idiot." He scoffed and the next second a pillow landed on his face making him stumble back.

He glared at her and thus started the pillow fight with all the yelling, shrieks and laughter.

Finally when they both were exhausted, they lay on her bed catching up on their breaths. She was smiling looking at the ceiling and he noticed it.

"You look like a lunatic smiling at the ceiling for no reason." He commented and her smile turned into a scowl. Trust your brother to turn your mood from happy to sour.

"Get out." She pushed him and he rolled his eyes mimicking her before moving out.

"Huh what an idiot. I wonder how Manik handles his sister." With this thought she shook her head and decided to sleep.

I won't be dragging this much after their meet.
(also please imagine whoever you want to as the other singer Manik Malhotra because he isn't that important in this story)