Bonus (Manik's Pov)

So I had already planned on showing his side in the bonus chapters. This is for the ones who wanted to understand his side. :) Specifically ElysianCoral

Please note I won't be writing all chapters from his side, just the ones I think are necessary. This is the first chapter from his pov.

It was past seven thirty and Manik was checking some files in his office. He wanted to go home late, courtesy ─his parents. He knew lately they weren't on talking terms and something was surely wrong with them. He never got to know what even on asking them but that didn't mean he could not feel the tension in the air.

Khushi, his sister was still small to realise about all this but if there was anything rather anyone calling him home then that was her.

He only went in that house for her, so see her smiling, laughing, bickering, whining, making faces. All in all she made him forget about all the worries and happenings around him. And he was so grateful to have her in hisl life. But you cannot tell that to your younger ones, can you now?

It was just another routine day for him when his phone pinged. He sighed knowing it was Khushi asking him about when he would get home.

He picked up his phone and made a confused face on seeing an Instagram notification. Why would anyone send him a message on Instagram? He rarely even opened it.

Nevertheless he decided to check it and opened the app. Nandini Murthy? Did he know her? But then why would she message him?

 Nandini Murthy? Did he know her? But then why would she message him?

Amused, that is what he felt the moment he read her message. Fan? What was he, an actor? Or a singer as she mentioned his voice!

He clicked on her profile to look at her profile picture but it wasn't visible. It was a far away picture but still tongue in cheek he decided to reply just for some fun.

It was true that there were girls falling for him for his looks but he hardly paid heed

It was true that there were girls falling for him for his looks but he hardly paid heed. But what surprised him was that the way he flirted with her. He's never flirted with any stranger, then why did he now?

While he kept questioning himself, he felt his phone vibrating.

Mistake? His face scrunched up and he suddenly felt sour

Mistake? His face scrunched up and he suddenly felt sour. How could she mistake me for someone else? Or was I unaware of this another Manik Malhotra?

Whatever it was he had to do something to have her chat with him because for the first time he felt his worries and tension flying away just by talking with her and she wasn't even Khushi.

Before he could reply her, his phone was flashing with Khushi's name. He smiled and answered the call.

"Yes madame." He faked an accent and heard her giggle on the other end.

"May I know when is Mr. Manik Malhotra coming home?" She tried to speak in the same accent but failed and this caused him to chuckle.

"I'm leaving now and will be there in half an hour. Also if you're hungry don't wait for me. Okay?" He said sternly although he already knew her answer.

"I'm waiting. Come soon. Bye." And then she hung up making him sigh at her stubbornness. He knew she wouldn't eat without him and so he decided to wrap up and head home.

At 9pm he reached home and as expected, she was waiting for him at the dining. He walked upto her sleeping figure and patted her hair. She opened her drowsy eyes and looked at him.

"You are here." She whispered groggily and he smiled guiltily.

"Mom and Dad slept. I asked them to wait but they didn't." She frowned and his smile dropped instantly. She was slowly coming to know about them and he never wanted that.

"Okay forget all that. You go wash your face and I'll go freshen up, after that we'll have dinner." He said and she nodded going to her room. He glanced at his parents room with his jaw clenched but then marched to his room.

After having their dinner, he made sure Khushi was asleep and only then he made his way to his room. Tired he sat on his bed and rested his head on the headboard.

He picked up his phone and opened his chat with @nandinimurthy. A smile formed on his face as he replied to her.

A laugh escaped his lips at how dramatic he sounded

A laugh escaped his lips at how dramatic he sounded. This side of him was new for himself as well but it was fun.

He waited for her to reply but when she didn't even after twenty minutes, he decided to talk to her tomorrow, that is, if she replied.

She will right?

So how was it? I hope now atleast something is clear from his side. :)