Chapter Fifteen

(Dedicated to weirdosaurs)

"Manik do you like me?" She asked as they stood outside her home and he leaned back on his car staring at her glowing face. What more proof this tiny woman wanted now?

"For the nth time Nandini, yes I like you even though you don't." He said and she frowned when he added the last part. That wasn't necessary.

"What if I say I do like Manik Malhotra?" She asked with a proud smirk on her face and he merely rolled his eyes.

"I know you do like Manik Malhotra." He said simply and she slapped her forehead because he was still thinking about that singer Manik Malhotra.

"Now you are dumb Manik." She stuck out her tongue and he stared at her confused.

She came close to him almost stepping in his personal space and stood up on her toes, keeping her hands on his shoulders for support and although his hands itched to hold her waist, he controlled not wanting her to get uncomfortable. Her warm breath hit his cheeks making him clench his jaw.

"I don't like that Manik Malhotra but I like this Manik Malhotra." She whispered and before he could process her words, she kissed his cheek and backed off giving him a grin and running away.

He stood there with his right cheek a bit red and a stunned face. She was already inside her house but he kept looking at her door. Slowly he brought his hand up to his cheek and touched it feeling the tingles.

"Did she just say that she likes me?" He questioned himself blinking his eyes and if it would've been for someone else, they surely must have called him an idiot.

A smile formed on his face before a full grin took over and he couldn't control his happiness. She had finally confessed that she liked him and not that stupid singer. And it hadn't felt this good in ages.

Still blushing and smiling he got inside his car and took out his phone dialing her number. She didn't pick up immediately but when she did, no one spoke for a minute.

"Hello!" Finally she broke the silence and he could hear the shyness in her voice which made him smile. He was so sure that she was blushing right now and so wished he could see her.

"Manik?" She called out again and he came out his 'Nandini land'.

"Nandini did you say that you like me?" He asked just to be sure if he was assuming it right and Nandini on the other hand dropped her head on the pillow and muffled a groan.

"No I said that I like Manik Malhotra." She barked and he realised he was assuming it all wrong.

"But then why did you kiss me?" He asked and she couldn't believe he was this dumb. He looked all intelligent and a person who has brain but when he needed to apply it, it was total zero.

"Seriously Manik? If you are doing this deliberately to irritate me then let me tell you this that it isn't funny." She was close to losing her patience.

"But I ─wait! Let me ask you this. Do you like me?" He asked and she grew silent almost as if she hung up.

"Yes!" She whispered and he heard it clearly.

"You do?" He asked excitedly and she chuckled at that.

"Yes, yes I do you idiot. Now if you ask me this one more time then I swear I will kill you with my bare hands." She warned and he laughed making her laugh along.

"God you're crazy for doing this to me. How can I believe that you like me when you keep singing praises of that singer? And then you keep saying this and that Manik Malhotra. You seriously confused me." He complained and she giggled to which he grew quiet.

"I love it when you giggle. It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard." He suddenly said with a smile and she blushed saying nothing.

"Can you come out?" He asked and her eyes shot up at that. Was he still outside?

Without giving it another thought she ran outside her room and first checked if anyone was there in the living room. Fortunately there wasn't so she hurriedly opened the main door and ran outside.

His car was a little ahead and as she neared it, he came out walking towards her.

"Are you crazy? What are you still doing here? When will you reach home? When will you have dinner? When will you ─" Her ramble was cut short as he quickly engulfed her in a hug as soon as he reached her.

He hid his face in her hair, his grip tightening with each passing second like she will run away the next second he loosened his grip. Nandini came out of her shock when his grip tightened and her tiny hands wrapped around his torso making him smile on the hug.

"I don't know if I can like anyone as much as I like you Nandini and it's frightening sometimes." He whispered as if scared of his own feelings and she knew it well because she was on the same page.

"I feel the same Manik. But we'll be through it together, right?" She whispered back and he pulled her more close if that was possible.

"Yes, we'll make it together." He answered and both smiled in the hug as they weren't yet ready to part ways at that very moment.

Someday you will meet your partner in any way, at any time but what is important is that you recognise it and accept it as it is.

So this is the end! And I'm not joking this time.

I really, truly enjoyed writing this story and I hope you'll enjoyed reading it as well. I cannot thank each one of you enough for your precious votes and comments on this book.

I might post Epilogue and bonus chapters but only after I post the snippet of my second story on this account.