Chapter 3: Decepticons, Rise Up!

Shockwave disconnects the Cortical Psychic Patch from Megatron's head. His eyes open. His physical appearance has been restored to his pre-Unicron possession form. He has no memory of the fight on Junkion.

Megatron: "Shockwave? How did I get here?"

Shockwave: "Stay calm, Lord Megatron. How do you feel?"

Megatron: "I don't know why, but I once again feel the urge to rip out the sparks of the Autobots."

Shockwave: "That is excellent news, Lord Megatron. We must inform the other Decepticons."

Megatron: "Where can we do so? I have been gone for so long, I don't know anything about the current way of life on Cybertron."

Shockwave: "We must head to the surface and send out a planet-wide broadcast. To do so we must break Soundwave out of the prison in Iacon. Since the computers in Autobot headquarters can only be activated by a confirmed Autobot, he will need to hack in for us."
Megatron: "Then what are we waiting for? Let's cause havoc!"

Suddenly, the door of the lab flies open. Optimus Prime and Bulkhead emerge through the doorway. Both are shocked to see Megatron standing there.

Megatron: "Well, if it isn't my nemesis Optimus Prime."
Optimus: "Megatron? What happened to you?"
Megatron: "Shockwave here just brought me back and made me better than ever. And now Cybertron shall belong to me! I suggest you give up now Optimus. I will not be so easily beaten."

Optimus: "You can fight this brother! You have the capacity to change. All Cybertronians do! Do not let Shockwave's deceptive ways corrupt you."

Megatron: "That's where you are wrong Optimus. In my time away, I had time to think about past events. While I did want peace, Shockwave has somehow shown me that peace is never truly possible as long as my Decepticons still roam this planet. And I will not rest until Cybertron, Earth, and the entire galaxy belong to us. And until your spark has been ripped from your chest."

Bulkhead: "Well Buckethead, we are not going to let that happen."

Megatron: "You think you can stop me wrecker?"

Optimus: "Bulkhead, leave Megatron to me. You take Shockwave."

Suddenly, Optimus springs forward and strikes Megatron with a strong punch. He was flung backward by the hard blow but easily regained his footing.

Megatron: "You have improved since we last met Optimus."
Optimus: "I was trained within the Allspark by the Primes that came before me."

Bulkhead and Shockwave are also in the midst of battle. Bulkhead has ducked behind the Space Bridge for cover and fires at Shockwave. Shockwave was in the open and quickly running at Bulkhead. In an effort to catch him off guard, Bulkhead rushes out and meets Shockwave with a strong hit to the head. It causes him to become dizzy, so Bulkhead takes advantage and lands several more blows. Shockwave growls in frustration at the realization he is losing.

Shockwave: "At first this was fun, but now I've had enough of you Wrecker."

He aims his cannon at Bulkhead and manages to strike Bulkhead with a strong blast to the head, knocking him unconscious.

Shockwave: "Your attempt to stop me was illogical."

Optimus fires at Megatron with his cannon but misses when Megatron dodges to the side with supreme speed. Transforming into truck mode, he charges at Megatron with as much speed as he can muster. Megatron, realizing that will do serious damage, transforms into jet mode and flees from the lab right over Optimus. Optimus transforms back to bot mode and turns around just in time to see Shockwave transform and follow after him.