Chapter 14

Jungkook

"Hoseok, my man!! you are here..."

I exclaimed cheerfully, feigning delight despite of the fact that my inner was burning with malice as I stepped into my office.

Hoseok arced his neck before nodding with a little smile he usually had as I seated myself in my office chair.

"I can smell blood...you crushed another soul, haven't you??"

Hoseok asked raising an eyebrow with a knowing smirk lingering on his lips.

"Every soul has to be crushed when they become a burden to me..."

I scorned as I leaned back in my chair.

Hoseok burst into laughter.

"You scare me sometimes Jungkook!!"

Hoseok proclaimed between laughter causing me to scoff silently.

"At least I am not scarier than the people who change their loyalty over time..."

I murmured and Hoseok choked as his laughter turn into a cough with his color running pale.

For a moment, he went silent as if a ghost just passed by.

But it didn't take him long to recover his usual stance.

His audacity to stand in front of me and pretending to be my friend was agitatingly humiliating my inner devil. Yet I was waiting for the right time to smash him down.

'Calm down Jungkook!! This is not the time yet...'

"You asked for me, is there any work for me??"

Haste in his voice and readiness in his eyes was evident as he seated himself across my office table. His shoulders seemed tensed as his back was barely touching the back rest of the chair which means he was definitely uneasy to be here.

My inner devil smirked for an obvious reason...

"Yeah, definitely I have a work for you, that's why I asked for you. But BEFORE WE GET TO BUSINESS, LET'S TALK SOME BUSINESS..."

I said leaning against my chair while lighting up a cigarette.

"Want one??"

I offered, extending the cigarette box towards him and he took it without any hesitation cause we were used to be close enough to do that. But less did I know that a day like today would come. A day where I had been betrayed by my closest companion for years.

I gave him a lighter after I was done lighting mine.

"So, what's up at Kims'? Any new updates??"

I tossed the question casually after letting out the smoke nonchalantly. I was being meticulous about my every move because the devil in me was furious. It wanted to just leave my body and tore the man, that was sitting in front of me, into hundred thousands of pieces.

Because he dared to delude me into his wicked lies and tried to play me. He played JEON JUNGKOOK!!

"Yeah, Kim's fiancee is missing. And I was looking for her with them when I got a call from Yoongi and I hurried here..."

He replied quickly as if he was dying to tell me but he didn't get a chance to.

"Hahaha interesting!! I heard about it too. So, what's the update? Any leads on her??.."