7| Ride Around

"You picky about food?" Ermias glanced over at me from the driver's seat "Like you into trying new cuisine?"

"Oh yeah, I love trying new things and expanding my palate as long as it's not too spicy"

"Man I love some spicy food, my pops always hook me up with the extra spicy food"

"I'm more of a sweet person, I like my desserts and sweet drinks"

Ermias nodded not replying like he was taking mental notes on what I told him, I smiled lightly at him before turning my attention to the surroundings from the car window.

"You wanna get some food, I got a little spot I frequent in Little Ethiopia"

"Whatever you want to do, I'm down"

He smirked nodding his head, I rolled my eyes knowing his brain had went into the gutter momentarily.

"You know what I mean"

"I know strictly professional" I bit the inside of the corner of my cheek nodding my head.

"Speaking of being professional, were you really serious back there about letting me do an art show in your store?"

I was excited when he said it but I didn't want to let myself down if it came out to be him just talking big shit for the journalist.

"I don't play like that, when I was something going to be done I mean that shit and I wouldn't play with ya emotions like that knowing that's something you would probably love to do"

"Is it paintings that you want done for it?" He shook his head 

"I want you to do whatever you want, it's ya art you do with it what you want I'm just marketing the event for you everything else is on you"

"Why are you so nice to me? I know now you are my boss but you've done more for me then anyone has my entire life"

My own mother never went out of her way to help me and here Ermias was ready to help me boost my career.

"I don't see it as being nice, this is apart of my mission to bring as many creators to the table with me to eat from success and financial increase"

"I know you probably tired of hearing me say thank you but I am so appreciative of you getting me on my feet"

Ermias had put me in a position that I was able to pay my bills on time and give my son things he wanted and needed without worrying about money for the first time in nine years I was stress free.

"I saw your work and could tell you loved the gift God gave you and that you was hungry for success and I knew I needed you on my team"

"Did you read all your employees like that or was it just me?" I tried seeing if I was the only one he had looked out like this or if I was the only one to get rode around the city or was this just his usual thing to get to know his employees.