Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is here guys. Thank you for all the love you guys showered on chapter 1❤❤.
If you like the chapter please shower your love through votes and comments. Also, please feel free to share any feedback/suggestions that you guys may have, as there is always scope for improvement. Happy reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shehnaaz is all covered up in her comforter enjoying her deep sleep. He enters the room with a cup of tea in his hand. He places the cup on the side table, pulls the comforter down from Shehnaaz's head and goes on to kiss her forehead. Shehnaaz smiles in her sleep. He then kisses her nose and moves on to place his lips over hers.

"Shehnaaz puttar" calls out Shehnaaz's dadi.

Shehnaaz gets up startled. She is nervous and doesn't know what to do. She feels like she has been caught red handed.

As soon as dadi enters the room she says "Sanu puttar uth jaa. Aaj se teri internship shuru horahi hai na. Fir late hojayegi aur pehle din hi daat khayegi. Fir shaam ko muh banate hue mat aana mere paas ki dadi dekho na aap ke wajah se daat padi, aapne time pe nahi uthaya."

Shehnaaz giggles looking at how her dadi is trying to mimic her.

"Thank you dadi." says Shehnaaz while giving her a warm hug and moving out of bed. "Abhi ready hoke aayi. Please kuch acha sa naashta bana do naa. Pata nahi udhar jaake khana bhi milega ki nahi" says Shehnaaz with a sad face and a pout.

Shehnaaz's dadi laughs at her antics and moves out of the room saying "Tu taiyar hojaa. Main nashta lagati hoon."

Shehnaaz picks up her toothbrush and looks into the bathroom mirror. She wonders what just happened. She blushes thinking about the morning kisses she received a while back.

She hits her head and says to herself "Kuch bhi sochti hai tu Sana. Kal bas usko bhaagte hue dekh liya to aaj sapne mein bhi aa gaya. Pagal ladki. Marwayegi tu kisi din."

She starts thinking about last night. Shehnaaz had gone out to have icecream with her brother Shehbaaz to an icecream parlour near their house. She was gorging on a cone of Belgian chocochip icecream while moving out of the icecream parlour. Shehbaaz was pulling her hair and asking her to wait for him. But she punched him on his hand and moved out.

Just as she moved out, her eyes fell on a tall, handsome, well built man who was passing from there probably while he was enjoying his evening run. Grey shorts, white Tshirt, black sports shoes and headphones on. Shehnaaz stood there for a minute, not being able to take her eyes off him eventhough he was only a distant figure by then.

Shehbaaz had come out of the parlour by then and pulled her into a hug and said "Kya hua moto? Kya dekh rahi hai?"
"Kuch nahi" said Shehnaaz. She was just too dumbfounded to react.
"Icecream kha le, pighal rahi hai." said Shehbaaz pushing the cone to her nose. Shehnaaz wiped the icecream from her nose and ran behind Shehbaaz who was already sprinting forward.

Shehnaaz laid on her bed that night and tried to get some sleep so that she could be fresh for the next day.  But her thoughts kept racing back to the man she had seen running that evening. Yes, he was tall, handsome, strong but he had an innocence on his face, which Shehnaaz was unable to forget. There was a small satisfied smile on his face while he was running. It seemed like that run gave him happiness. Shehnaaz continued to think about him until she fell asleep last night.

Shehnaaz suddenly came out of her trail of thoughts and saw the toothbrush in her hand and realized that she was getting late. "Aaj to tujhe daat hi padne wali hai Sana. Jaldi kar warna internship ka pehla din aakhri din ban jayega." she said to herself while she went on to get ready.

Shehnaaz came out wearing a blue churidaar kurta and dupatta. With light make-up and straight hair, she looked really cute. She had her hand bag with her which she placed on a chair. She went near their prayer area and prayed "Aaj mere internship ka first day hai. Please mere saath rehna aur kuch bhi gadbad mat hone dena. Please please please."

"Sab changa hi hona hai puttar. Tu tension naa le mera bacha. Aa jaa nashta kar le." said Shehnaaz's dadi while caressing her face.

Shehnaaz sat down to have her breakfast and had a huge smile on her face as soon as she saw the aloo parathas made by her dadi. She started eating one when the door bell rang. "Shehbaaz putt darwaza khol." said dadi. "Arre daadi aapne bolna chahiye - Daya darwaza todd do." while getting up from the sofa and crossing his hands as if he were doing karate. Shehnaaz and her dadi laughed at his antics and dadi said "Khud ko hi mat tod lena tu. Jaa darwaza khol."

"Kya daadi aap hamesha mujhe underestimate karte ho." said Shehbaaz making a sad face and walking towards the door to open it.

Minty ran inside the house "Sanu chal naa. Aaj bhi late hona hai kya tujhe?"

"Puttar nashta to kar lene de use." said dadi.

"Dadi yeh khaati reh jayegi aloo ke parathe aur hum ho jayenge late." said Minty

"Paratha utha aur chal ab." Minty pulled Shehnaaz by her arm and dragged her out.

"Arre meri bag to lene de." said Shehnaaz picking up her handbag and went on to hug dadi and kissed her goodbye. She whacked Shehbaaz's head while moving out and said "Dadi ka dhyaan rakhiyo and tang mat kariyo."

"All the best Moto and Minty." said Shehbaaz while the girls moved out.

"Acha hum jayenge kaise?" asked Shehnaaz. Minty gave her a smile caught her hand and took her to silver colored Alto parked outside and said "Tadaa" while gesturing towards the car with her hands.
Shehnaaz was shocked. "Uncle ji ne gaadi de di tujhe chalane ke liye?" she asked.
"Haan papaji maan gaye." replied Minty with excitement written all over her place.
"Babaji aaj to aap ko meri jaan bachani hi hogi. Main iss Minty ke haathon marna nahi chahti." said Shehnaaz dramatically while looking up.
Minty started hitting Shehnaaz and finally said "Ab tere drame hogaye ho to chale madam?"
Shehnaaz laughed out loud and said "Haan, chal ab warna chittar padne hai humein pehle hi din."

They sat in the car and drove off.
Minty was Shehnaaz's best friend and they confided in each other. They had completed their graduation together and were currently pursuing a Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations from a renowned institution in Mumbai. It was a two year program and as part of the second year, they had to intern with a company for 3 months. Shehnaaz and Minty had both bagged the internship in the same company through the interview process that was held in their campus. Shehnaaz's father was a businessman but she didn't want to join the business. She was a creative person and she wanted to explore her creativity and build a career around it. She was very excited for this internship as it would give her first hand experience about how things work in the real world. Her father was not very happy about it but she had complete support from her Dada, Dadi and young brother Shehbaaz. They were her support system. Her father had also eventually given in and now supported her decision.

Shehnaaz was extremely happy. Today was a big day for her. But her thoughts kept going back to that one face she saw yesterday. She was unable to forget that face. The innocence on that face had somewhere touched her soul. She obviously had not realized it yet.