Chapter 19

Ready for Chapter 19? Let's go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shehnaaz was extremely excited to meet Sidharth the next day. She looked pretty in a royal blue palazzo and kurta. She finished all the formalities and collected her experience certificate. The interns had planned to go for a movie but she had excused herself. Shehnaaz bid everyone good bye and headed towards Sidharth's cabin. She had a smile on her face thinking about how she would be able to express what she felt. It was lunch time and she saw that most of the cubicles around Sidharth's cabin were empty.

Sidharth was working in his cabin when Shehnaaz entered. Sidharth's eyes looked swollen and were red. He looked completely disheveled.

"Hi Sidharth." she said as she entered.

Sidharth did not look up from his laptop and answered "Kuch kaam tha?"

Shehnaaz was taken aback by his reply. Wasn't he the one who had asked her to meet him once she was done with all the formalities?

"Tune hi bola tha na ki aaj baat karenge. Kal humari baat adhuri reh gayi thi." she said.

"Haan par main abhi busy hoon. Abhi baat nahi kar sakta." he said still engrossed in his laptop and pressing the laptop keys so hard that Shehnaaz feared they would break.

"Par mujhe baat karni hai Sidharth. Kal bhi nahi ho paayi. Fir kab baat karenge?" she asked him. She had to express her feelings. Sidharth was never like this, he was always smiling when he spoke to her. Today he seemed to different, so cut off. What changed overnight?, she thought.

"Tumhe mujhse baat karne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Tumhare aur bhi dost ya jo koi bhi hai unse jaa kar baat karo. Mere paas time nahi hai." Sidharth replied curtly.

"Tu aise kyun baat kar raha hai Sidharth? Kya hua hai? Mujhse koi galti hui hai kya?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Nahi nahi. Aapse kaise koi galti ho sakti hai? Aap to mahaan hai. Aap to galti kar hi nahi sakti. Galti to meri hai. Main hi pagal tha. Tum jao yahan se. I don't want to see your face. Just go." he said.

Shehnaaz's heart broke on hearing him. She tried to stop her tears and tried to go near him to talk to him. "Sidharth please baat kar mujhse. Hua kya hai?"

"Don't touch me." he said jerking her hand off.

"Just go Shehnaaz. Tumhe samajh mein nahi aata ki mujhe tumse baat nahi karni? Don't you bloody get it? Just get out of my cabin. Leave." he was yelling at her now.

Shehnaaz was shocked. She didn't know how to react. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. She didn't even know what her fault was. Her heart was breaking with each passing second. What changed?

She ran out of the cabin trying hard to control her tears. She picked up her bag and rushed out. She was glad nobody was around to see her crying.

Sidharth punched the table hard in frustration. "I didn't want to hurt you Shehnaaz. It's not your fault. Feelings meri thi. Tumhe nahi hui to tumhari galti nahi hai. Main nahi react karna chahta tha. But my heart was just paining. I just couldn't control myself. I'm sorry." he said as he let the tears he was holding for so long flow.

An hour later Ritesh and Karan entered Sidharth's cabin.

"Bhai tune suna? Ritesh and Minty are officially dating now. Roka hogaya dono ka kal. Ritesh hum sab ko pastry khila raha hai uss khushi mein." Karan said cheerfully as he went and sat on the chair opposite to Sidharth and Ritesh followed holding a box of chocolate pastry in his hand and a blush on his face.