Chapter 6

And here comes chapter 6. Enjoy!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The interns were back at their desks and had started researching for the task at hand. The account brief had already been emailed to them. They read it and then moved on to gather insights about the account and it's competition.

Anamika and Minty were still researching. Shehnaaz had caught her head because she felt the pressure to perform. This was not her normal self. She was a confident girl and one of the best performers in college. Her ideas for the course projects were always appreciated by her professors, most of whom were advertising professionals. But this was different. She had to have the best idea because this was her chance to spend more time with Sidharth.

Angad had been looking into everyone's screens when he saw that Sanjay had already started creating his presentation which meant that he already had an idea. "Abbey isne to presentation bhi start kar diya." Angad announced to everyone.

All the interns were zapped and looked at Sanjay. "Arre idea aaya to socha bhool jau uske pehle presentation mein daal deta hoon." Sanjay said nervously.

Shehnaaz realized she was being a fool. She was pressurizing herself so much just because she wanted to be with Sidharth. She was mixing her professional life with her personal life and that is not how it's supposed to be, she thought. She had to take control of herself. She had to set her feelings aside and think about her professional growth right now. She had to give it her best, yes, but not because she wanted to be with Sidharth; but instead because she wanted to grow as a professional. She reminded herself that she was here to make her career. It was with great difficulty that her father had agreed to support her career choice. This was not the time to let her emotions get the better of her.

She decided to relax and read a little more about the company, see what they have done in the past that has worked or hasn't worked. She had an understanding about company accounts as she studied it during her graduation. She decided that she would use that to her advantage to analyze what worked for the company and their competitors. She analyzed the release dates of the commercials and compared them with the sales numbers in the quarters that followed. She looked out for reasons other than the commercial which may have impacted their sales. She wanted to have as many insights as possible before she actually worked on the concept for the TVC. She started creating charts that she could use for her analysis.

By now all other interns had started working on their presentation. Shehnaaz thought it was okay if she had not yet began. She was not going to rush into creating a presentation just because the others had started. She didn't care about the competition. She only wanted to give it her best.

The next day the interns continued to work on their presentation. Shehnaaz had not cracked the idea she wanted to present. She did have a few thoughts but she didn't find them worthy enough. She had started to put together the initial slides of her presentation that would include the introduction and a quick slide on the insights she had gathered. She thought it would probably help the account representative when they present to the client.

Sidharth walked towards them. "Good morning team. So how's it going? How are your presentations coming along?" he asked.

He obviously needed a reason to see Shehnaaz and his logical self thought of checking on how the interns were progressing on the task he had given to them.

The interns smiled and greeted him. "It's going well Sidharth." said Anamika.

"It's coming along." said Sanjay.

Angad decided to keep his mouth shut after what Sidharth had done to his hand yesterday. He didn't want to risk breaking his bones by saying anything.