don't lie about having a date

The end of the class came quicker than expected. The seven boys headed over to the teacher's desk and wondered what the extra credit assignment would be.

They looked around noticing that none of the girls decided to do extra credit, good for them for being satisfied with their grade, Namjoon thought to himself. A huff came out of his mouth as he crossed his arms, watching the last few girls leave the door.

"After you guys hear the assignment, I hope you guys don't change your minds. This really will help out your grades to a passing one." The teacher said in a serious tone.

Seokjin couldn't help but laugh. Serious tones, serious faces, serious situations and just serious things in general were not necessarily his thing.

"Hyung, stop laughing." Jimin nudged the crazy guy next to him.

Seokjin nodded and apologized a couple times then decided to move towards the back of the group just in case he ended up laughing again.

"I'll keep this as simple as it is, okay? The extra credit assignment is to babysit my little niece and nephew tomorrow from three in the afternoon until eight night time."

Seokjin bursted out laughing again, not believing the woman one bit.

Namjoon raised a hand and cleared his throat before saying, "you want us to babysit? I thought it was gonna be something like cleaning the classroom, but babysit? I don't know if I want to do that," he trailed off while beginning to leave the classroom.

"Please, I have a date tomorrow. It's my first time in years and I don't want to reschedule. He might think I don't have my life together from such a sudden change in plans. I could come off as irresponsible." Their teacher mumbled as she slumped back in her seat not wanting to make eye contact with any of them.

While Seokjin was still laughing harder than ever, little muffles came out from his mouth, "don't lie about having a date!"

Namjoon was still considering leaving.

"You trust us with children. I think that seems pretty irresponsible already. Not to mention, you're leaving them with us for a date."

The teacher was practically using guilt trip when she said, "look it's the only thing I can offer, Min Yoongi. If you don't want to do it then don't! Whoever is willing to, please let me know now. At least that way if I do have to reschedule, it won't be so bad if I get it done now."

The three youngest already knew their answer from the moment their teacher told them the assignment.

"I love kids. I'd do it even if it wasn't for extra credit to be honest." Taehyung shrugged before sitting back down in his normal seat.

After that, both Jungkook and Jimin told the woman that they would join Taehyung in the babysitting assignment.

"You guys are ridiculous if you don't want to do something as easy as this," Hoseok shook his head at the other boys.

He took a seat behind Jimin and began to play with his inky hair that was now wavy.

"Jungkook is a baby himself, you're really letting him handle another baby?" Seokjin asked with wide eyes.

Jungkook glared at the elder before crossing his arms and turning the other way. Shut up you old man, he thought to himself.

Yoongi was the last to sit down. The whole time he talked under his breath talking about how he hates little annoying monsters everyone calls children.

"This is great! If you have anymore questions, you can ask now. If you plan to ask questions tomorrow instead, come at least thirty minutes before three." The teacher clasped her hands together while looking around at the seven boys who lazily sat in front of her.

"How old are these little fuckers anyway?"