{44} - Carla

-~-~-

Carla was overwhelmed.

She decided to finally head to the hospital with Lachlan, but to her dissapointment, there were too many people there already. And because of this, she knew it would take a lot of time until they inspected Lachlan's arm. Her eyes scanned the lobby, until her eyes finally layed on a specific person: Rose. Carla knew Rose, since they were practically good friends. Carla smiled, "Hey Rose!"

Confused, Rose looked over at a friendly Carla. She raised her eyebrows in surprise, "Oh! Hello Carla! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm accompanying Lachlan here because he did something stupid." Carla explained.

Rose looked over at Lachlan, her light blue eyes looking into Lachlan's, "Oh really?"

Lachlan gulped, "Yeah. . . You should know a little something, or no?"

Carla realised the thick tension in between the two, and she pulled Lachlan closer to her, "Lachlan, be polite."

"No it's fine." Rose grinned cheekily. "I'll be here for a little while as well and hopefully we won't be arguing or whatever."

"What, why?" Carla asked, her face full of confusion.

"It's because. . . Rob got murdered." Rose frowned.

Lachlan stared at her in disbelief, "You're kidding. . ."

"I'm not." She sighed.

"Damn, that's pretty harsh." Carla murmured.

"Life is harsh." Rose said. "Sometimes you can't do anything about it."

"I guess so." Carla frowned. 

Lachlan placed his good arm on his hip, "So, what does he have to do with you?"

"I was the one that found him like that," Rose explained shakily, "I just, can't handle the fact that two of our friends are gone. . ." 

"Aw, come here." Carla murmured as she embraced her friend in a warm hug, although Lachlan just glared at her uneasily. Rose glared at him back.

But just as she pulled away, she smiled at Carla once again, "Thank you, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself if you weren't here."

"Anytime." Carla replied, just as Mitch came over to them. Carla looked over at him, almost forgetting what he was like. Tall, lean, and handsome. Carla smiled politely, "Hi Mitch!"

Mitch looked at her in surprise, "Carla? Lachlan? What are you two doing here?"

"Lachlan got a bit of a problem with his arm." Carla replied.

"Speaking about it, I need to speak with Lachlan about something, I hope you don't mind." Rose inturrupted.

Carla shook her head, "Not at all."

"I'll meet you at room 1A Lachlan." Rose said seriously, handing the baby carrier to Mitch, just as she walked off down the hallway.

Lachlan nodded uneasily, just as he turned to Carla, "I still don't know why you're friends with her."

Carla furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean? She hasn't done anything terrible to me Lachlan."

"She may one day!" Lachlan exclaimed, making Mitch frown.

"Whatever, you'll keep her waiting Lachlan, and I told you already not to be rude." Carla said as she crossed her arms.

Lachlan was about to retort, but he sighed and shut his mouth. "Yeah, you're right. . ."

Carla looked at him as he walked away, "Don't take too long. . ."

Lachlan sighed in frustration, "Tell me Carla," He growled as he slowly started walking down a hallway, 

" Who's side are you on? "

-Author's Note-

DUnno if I wanna put this in the Watty's now

Maybe the sequel will be better

(Yeah there'll be a sequel haha #hype)

I just don't wanna rush and I'm sorta overwhelmed

so it's

Rush or Finish it with patience

But I'll work as hard as I can