Chapter 5: Divulgence

I woke up, head spinning and eyes watering.

"What the hell did I drink last night..." I muttered to myself.

Before I could properly take my surroundings in, I heard a chuckle coming from behind me.

"Hello, sleeping beauty." Dani walked over to me and sat on the bed beside me.

Wait...bed?

"Where am I?" I asked, looking around the decently sized room. The bed I was tucked into was king size and I could see the door to an en suit bathroom ahead of me.

"My place. And no, before you ask again, we did not have sex. And you weren't drinking either."

I was about to laugh when I remembered what had happened before I passed out.

I must've looked extremely confused because Dani took it upon herself to talk before I had the chance to decide what I wanted to ask first.

"You must have a lot of questions right now."

Yeah, that's the understatement of the year.

She continued, "Before I get into the serious crux, I'm gonna quickly digress and say that I only took you here after you passed out because I forgot where you lived. I'm sorry if this seems like I'm overstepping boundaries but I wasn't going to leave you out stone cold on the bathroom floor." She looked down at her lap, playing with her fingers.

"Okay... But now tell me Dani," I said, voice quivering in anticipation for her answer to my question.

The causation of my blackout was fresh on my mind;

"Why did you say Beck?"

***

I was sat staring at the ceiling, unmoving. It had been a few hours since Dani had told me her account and my mind was racing a million miles a minute. The rush felt like something you'd get from taking pure cocaine... accept this was no where near as enjoyable.

"Al... please talk to me. I'm worried about you, you haven't said a word to me."

Dani lay beside me on the bed. She had stayed with me the whole time I was fighting with my internal monologue. I'm appreciative, but I can't help feeling galvanic... and not in a good way.

"You've never called me Al before..." I whispered, but she caught it.

She let out a sigh of relief knowing I was out of my state of shock.

"Sorry... I just... I don't know. It just felt right."

Her confession lit a flame inside me, tingling my senses.

As if sensing my butterflies, Dani turned to face me and held a hand out a couple inches from my face, clearly wanting to caress me.

"I'm so sorry. I really am." She purred. It was probably the hundredth time she had said those words since she told me, but this time felt different.

I lent into her touch, her hand now stroking my cheek lovingly.

"I know Dani, I know." I closed my eyes, wanting the feeling of her next to me to be a permanent fixture in my life.

***

Dani had started off by telling me she had never told anyone about what she was about to reveal. She also mentioned the fact that she could be killed for disclosing the following information, but I don't want to dwell on that thought otherwise my emotions will get the better of me.