DISTANT GAME

OVERVIEW

OVERVIEW.

Avery Carmichael was like any other 17 year old you would meet. Except, she wasn't. Not every 17 year old girl would have a calm affinity for magical creatures. Avery is going to be a Magizoologist one day. Not could be, she will be. That's what Avery wants, so she'll do it. She idolises Newt Scamander and wants nothing more than to have her own magical creature reserve in the future. She wants to help the animals that people shy away from helping. Avery may not be able to do it straightaway, she'll still have all years of training and experience to face before she can. But she'll do it.

  In the meantime, Avery faces a massive issue. In her last year of Hogwarts she becomes the Head Girl. Which is not what she wanted. Or expected? Both would fit. In Avery's eyes, she didn't think she would be suitable for the position. Or rather, she forced herself to think that she wasn't fit for the job. Because she didn't want to be Head Girl. She wanted to have fun this year! And maybe not have to spend all her time enforcing the rules.  That's what you do when you're the Head Girl, right?

Avery had always been used to having the expected happening in front of her. She's lived with her mother Valerie and older brother Jeremiah for as long as she could remember, and in Hogwarts she's always had the same group of friends in Ravenclaw house to spend time with. She's used to her family, and she's used to her friends, and that's how Avery likes it. But, then the unexpected happens, and Avery becomes Head Girl, and she finds herself facing more and more things out of her comfort zone. Including sharing a dorm with none other than the absolutely perfect Gryffindor Quidditch Captain and Head Boy Charlie Weasley. Oh, and to top it all off, the boy was obsessed with dragons.

Avery Carmichael wasn't really
looking for the unexpected. But
it was just her luck that the
unexpected launched itself at
her in many variations, one
of them being in the form of
Charlie Weasley.