v. mr perfect & frost

chapter v mr perfect & frost

***

AVERY'S LAST YEAR AT HOGWARTS HAS HIT HER WITH THE UNEXPECTED IN MANY WAYS.

But the thing with all these new changes, is that Avery has dealt with them. Some may deal weakly, some may deal above average-ly, and Avery might fit into that category too. Any time she'll have gotten a task assigned to her whether it by a teacher or help for any prefects, Avery will give her all to it, with every inch of her capabilities. Because she's dedicated and she'll swear to something and put her entire mind to it, regardless of what it entails. And it's gotten to the point that Avery thinks maybe, just maybe, becoming Head Girl wasn't so bad. The change wasn't so bad. It's brought upon a new feeling of accomplishment to her — the self-satisfied feeling getting through her tasks, the smile that crawls upon her face when she sees people excited about things she's planned (namely, the Halloween Ball). Though, she may have dealt with the work aspect of becoming Head Girl this year well, other things come by as more... difficult. In clear example, the boy by the name of Charlie Weasley.

     By now, she knows that it wasn't right of her to treat Charlie as she did. She didn't like the change, or the unexpected, but it gave her no right to be rude to anyone else. And she knew it would be difficult trying out this whole friends thing with Charlie. But its the least she owes him after being so insensitive. If she would give change another shot — now would be the perfect time. And the perfect time to make a new friend.

     Avery doesn't know it, but their previous nights' conversation put Charlie in a much more elated mood that following morning, because, not all seemed lost! All hope wasn't gone for them both to have a chance at being friends; last night proved just that. Charlie gets to the Gryffindor table, giddy jumps fuelling his steps. He sits down in front of Roy, conjuring up the largest of grins that he can muster.

     "Godric bless your mother for having you, Roy." Charlie voices abruptly, placing his palms flat against the wooden table, a satisfied sigh escaping her lips. Roy looks at his best friend, half a slice of toast still crammed in his mouth. He seems initially confused at what Charlie meant, but then a wide smile begins to curve its' way up his lips.

     "It worked then?" He exclaims joyfully. "She didn't go all cold-frosty-bitch on you?"

     "Well..." Charlie scrunches up the side of his face in denial to the statement, but proceeds, "At first, she did... we had, like, a bit of an argument about the way she was being but after that she kinda... came around? We got on an even footing, like you said and okay, maybe we still have a long way going until we're friends, but Roy! This is incredible, you truly are an amazing life coach, I'm sorry I ever doubted you—"