xi. a speck of flour

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
chapter eleven: a speck of flour

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧chapter eleven: a speck of flour

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DRUNKEN MEMORIES — BY ALL MEANS — are not pleasant memories for Avery Carmichael. She remembers groggily sitting up in her bed, having no clue of how she suddenly got into her pyjamas when the last thing she remembered she was wearing was that short tube top and the really comfy cardigan and the fact the eyeliner Dominique had so carefully sketched her face with had gone, a cup of water drenched of its contents and her favourite book Pride and Prejudice laying haphazardly on her bedside table.

     And then she remembered. Everything. Nico fucking Valdez. Their bet. The fact she lost. Dancing in the party, playing daunting games of Truth or Dare, and being dragged back to her dorm by Dominique and Charlie Weasley. Charlie Weasley.

     She remembered everything with him, too... And she wished she didn't. That morning, when she'd trudged her way into the kitchen with the most throbbing headache if ever there was one, she stumbled across the boy himself, his ginger hair standing up on its ends having just woken up, wearing a maroon hoodie and grey joggers. In that moment, he had been leaning with one elbow propped up against the counter, the other with a mug of coffee at his lips. He gave her a knowing smirk; she narrowed her eyes at him, and he stopped smirking. Then he pushed a second mug towards Avery with two fingers.

A few weeks later, and Avery is seen leaning against a counter in the Hogwarts kitchens, her elbows propped up on the dusty marble furnishing. House elves were bustling around her with their own occupations preceding them. Dominique and Rowan were both sitting on counters adjacent wearing running gear, Dominique with a fresh and warm brownie held to her mouth while Rowan had a protein smoothie in hand. All three had a free period that Friday morning and while Avery had Halloween Ball prep to get on with, her other two friends went for a run in the freezing cold around the quidditch pitch.

(Or rather, Rowan had compelled Dominique to join her, even after the latter feigned sleeping before the blonde had dumped a cup of freezing cold water on her face and Dominique had to practically defrost herself with her wand. At least, that's what Dominique had told Avery with extended dramatics, while Rowan stood at the side with an impassive gaze.)

     "Great smoothie," Rowan commends the house elf scuttling by, her own legs dangling off of the counter. That particular house elf gave a sheepish bow to the quidditch captain. The house elves worked all around them except for the half patch of marble counter Avery, Rowan and Dominique occupied themselves on. Another house elf came and slid a plate of stroopwaffles Dominique's way. Mouth still full with brownie, the redhead jabs an encouraging thumbs up towards the house elf in thanks.

     "You're having more?" Rowan looks at Dominique with her eyes popping out, in disbelief at the girl's eating capabilities. "We literally just went for a run."