Meadow - New Zealand

You were sitting on the viridescent grass, watching as the sun rises at the meadow. You took a deep breath, smelling the hyacinths around you, although trying not to sneeze, yet feeling peace and tranquility. A light breeze hit your face. You closed your eyes, listening to the birds' chirping. A bleating sound from behind shocked you and you immediately turned around, spotting a sheep staring at you with its black beady eyes.

"You're cute. Where's your master?" you asked. The sheep bleated in response. You picked it up and put it on your lap, stroking its thick coat of fleece on its body.

"Excuse me, miss!" a man approached you. He has light brown curly hair with two ram-horns-like ahoges on each side of his head. He was wearing an oyster white button-up shirt with long sleeves and a normal pair of trousers. "Have you seen my- there it is!" he pointed at the sheep. The jumbuck bleated again and ran towards his master, who's arms were wide open. The sheep jumped in his arms.

"Ah, so that sheep belongs to you," you smiled at him, and he nodded in response. "My name is _____,"

"I'm Toby. A pleasure to meet you," he grabbed your hand and shook it, grinning, while his other free hand holding the sheep. "What are you doing here alone early in the morning, Miss ____?"

"Just ____ is fine," you said. "I'm just taking fresh air, nothing much," you gave a small laugh. "The sunrise is beautiful," you added. The morning sun rose, making the dull sky turned brighter and brighter as it climbed higher.

"Sure is, ____" he agreed. He sat down beside you.

"I've never seen you in town," you said. The town you lived in was not very far from the meadow, probably a ten minutes walk. It is a small serene town in the mountains with a few stores, cafés, flower shops, a few schools, boutiques, et cetera.

"My family and I live not far from the town," he stated. Your mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"Well, looks like I'll have to go. My parents will be worried," you got up, wipe the dirt off your pants/skirt. Toby got up as well. "Do you want me to walk you there?" He asked in a kind tone.

You shook your head, refusing his offer. "I'm fine on my own, thank you. We will see each other again, I hope! Goodbye!" you waved and walked back to the town.

. . . .

You never much liked school. It keeps you from doing things you really want to do, but to further your studies and become a successful individual, you just had to, at least for your parents. You'd do anything for the two. You love them so much words just can't describe how you feel for them.

Unexpectedly, you find yourself thinking about another kind of love. Like that kind of love when you meet a guy and hold hands with him, talk to him everyday, watch the sunrise and sunset in the meadow. You spontaneously thought of Toby. He couldn't be the one since you just met him yesterday. You shook your thoughts away as soon as the teacher stepped in the class.

. . . .

It was lunch time, and you sat on your normal seat, which was near the window. As you ate an apple all by yourself, watching the evergreen leaves of the trees swaying outside, a figure you didn't notice walked towards you. He cleared his throat. "Is this seat empty?"

You broke your gaze from the trees, staring at the guy in front of you. Light brown curly hair, two ahoges each side of his head. "Toby?"

"_____? We meet again!"

"True," you answered simply, a smile plastered on your face. "The seat is not taken by the way,"

He thanked you and sat down, eating a sandwich. He handed you a tupperware with sandwiches in it. "Take one. I can't finish it all by myself," he offered. You uttered a 'thank you' and took one. It was an egg sandwich.