nine ; the weasley's

☼

SIRIUS BLACK INNOCENT!

SIRIUS BLACK GRANTED ORDER OF MERLIN, FIRST CLASS

SIRIUS BLACK HAS A SECRET DAUGHTER?

A LOVE AFFAIR IN AZKABAN?

PETER PETTIGREW: RAT OR MAN?

SIRIUS BLACK, HOW DID HE MANAGE TO GET AWAY THIS TIME?

Leila combed through the various newspaper headlines surrounding her father. It was great that he was free, but he still received dirty and scared looks when he was in public. Luckily, Sirius didn't give a "flying fuck what anyone thought about him."

Of course, all her friends now knew Leila's true identity. The twins were quite upset that she never told them, but understood why she didn't want anyone to know before. Everyone made up and the young Gryffindor was glad to have all her friends back again.

"Leila, dear! Can you come to the kitchen, please?"

"Coming, mum!" Leila called out as she moved from her room to the kitchen. She loved her mum's flat and was sad that they would be leaving in a few months to Grimmauld Place, Sirius' old home. Dumbledore requested for the house to be used for purposes that Leila wasn't allowed to know yet, but it convinced her parents.

"Can you turn down the volume and come help me prepare the chicken?" Rosie asked her. The teen nodded and turned down the radio, which was playing muggle artist Janet Jackson's "That's The Way Love Goes," before going to help her mum bread the rest of the chicken. 

"Chicken Katsu?" Leila asked.

"Indeed. Your father has been deprived of good food for years and I've learned a lot of recipes," her mum said warmly. "I can't wait for him to try them all," she whispered tearily.

Leila smiled. This is what she wanted. As much as she loved staying with McGonagall, or Aunt Minnie as she called her, she always yearned to be with her true parents. Like those muggle shows she watched, she wanted to have "family game nights", trips to the cinema, family outings, and father-daughter moments. Now, it seemed like she could finally have those experiences.

"Mmm it smells delicious. Now, what do you lovely ladies have for me?" 

Leila turned and saw her dad, freshly shaven with damp hair from his shower. He looked so much younger and brighter already. "Now, dad, you haven't experienced much Asian cuisine have you?" she teased.

Sirius sat and feigned a look of deep thought. "Now, I don't quite remember if Azkaban ever served anything other than slop — no wait! Just kidding, it was all horrendous."