bonus: new legacy

☼

"Sirius! How many times do I have to tell you that we are not taking that porcelain dog with us?"

The dark-haired man groaned, ready to plead with his wife for the fifth time to take the porcelain dog figurine he bought from a muggle pawnshop with them to Grimmauld Place. He found it endearing but she, on the other hand, found it creepy.

"Oh, love, please?" he begged, mustering the best puppy eyes he could for her.

She almost faltered. Almost.

But Rosie had almost two decades of experience with Sirius and his puppy eyes.

"No, Sirius. I'm sorry but I just don't feel comfortable around it. I don't know why it just feels...off."

He sighed, slightly disappointed, but at the sight of her genuinely concerned face, he relented and responded, "Alright, love. We don't have to keep it if you don't want to." If getting rid of a dog figurine meant keeping her happy, he would smash it to pieces and set them on fire if he had to.

"Thank you," she whispered, bringing him into a tight hug, which he reciprocated happily. "Now come on," she spoke, her voice returning to a normal volume, "Rem is probably already waiting for us at Grimmauld."

He nodded, picking up a tiny box with their wedding pictures and mementos, and together, hand-in-hand, they disapparated to the quiet street that held Sirius' old family home.

Like Rosie predicted, Remus Lupin was already waiting at the steps for them, several large boxes at his side.

"Ah, look who finally decided to arrive," the lycanthrope teased, standing up to give his friends a hug.

"Sorry, Rem. Hope you weren't too bored," Rosie apologized, smiling as she breathed in his ever so familiar scent of dark chocolate and aged books — some things just never changed.

He laughed and shook his head. "There was actually this muggle lady who came up to me, asked me if I was moving into the neighborhood," he revealed, a blush creeping up his face.

Sirius gasped loudly and pried him away from Rosie, holding onto his shoulders firmly and looking right into his eyes. "Moony, please tell me you made plans with her or got her number or anything."

He flushed even more as he replied, "Sirius, you know I couldn't. She's a muggle! And how do you know what a telephone is?"

"You learn a thing or two when you've seen a thing or two," Sirius shrugged, "But back to the point! Remus, I'm very disappointed. Muggle or not, it wouldn't kill you to go out there and have some fun, Moony."

He sighed and nodded in agreement. Remus Lupin had honestly forgotten what true fun felt like. Between dealing with his monthly transformations, which were much better now that Sirius was able to accompany him again, and his unemployment, it seemed that there was no room to just "go out there and have some fun".