Logan and Unknown

You chose Run After The Girl To See If She's Okay

TW for metions of drugs alcohol and smoking, implied child abuse and talk of hickies on a minor

Logan's shoved his phone in his pocket and bolted after the girl. A child should be safe in bed hugging their stuffed animals, happy and knowing that their parents are just in the next room over at this hour of the night. Not running off into the bad part of town. 

She turned the corner and Logan managed to grab her arm and she started to panic almost at once

"Dad let go- please I can't- I don't wanna- letgoletgoletgoletgoletgoIdon'twannagoback" She was pulling her arm away from Logan, her eyes closed tight and tears about fall

"Woah- Calm down. I'm just checking in on you" He said in a calm voice, not sweet or kind just calm. Not a trace of pity. She seemed to stop panicking and stopped trying to fight Logan. Now that he got a better look at her, he could see that the left side  of her sickly pale skin was covered with cigarette burns, scar and cuts. Some of the scars and cuts looked to be from slaps or some type of physical violence. The others seemed to be neat and self inflicted. Her left eye was swollen with a black eye. The same pattern trailed down her neck and Logan didn't want to look to closely in case those bruises on her neck really were hickies. He felt sick already at the thought. 

Logan also noted that she looked so very very familiar as if he had seen her before

"Little girl don't you have a home to go to? I don't want you out this late." She flinched at the word girl 

"I'm not a girl so don't call me that" Sh- or was it He? sneered as he pulled his arm away from Logan. 

"I want you to be saf-" He grabbed the boy as he tried to run from Logan again. He sighed and let go 

"I d have a home. And It's fine and I'm going there right now" Logan could almost feel the lie. 

"You're not telling the truth." 

"What are you gonna do about it? Be a knight in shining armor and call the cops? Spare me the pity" He had an edge to his voice as if worried Logan was going to try something

"I won't if your honest with me." A heavy feeling of worry and dread rose up in his chest 

"Fine-" The boy gave him a withering glare as if Logan was wasting his time

"First off. Do you have a place to stay that is safe?" 

"Yeah."

"Second. Where did your injuries come from?"

"Depends on who you ask"

"Well let's say I ask your parents"

"Then they came from some bullies"

"And if I ask these so called bullies?"

"They came from being mugged"

"And if I ask these muggers?"

"They don't exist so you can't ask"

"And what about if I ask you?"

"I would maybe say, that I can't tell you unless I want you to call the cops"

Bingo.

Logan bent down to look at him more directly in the eyes "So are you saying there is a reason I need to call someone?"

He froze and folded his arms  "So what if I am?"

"If you are then I'll call the cops"

"You can't call the cops on someone who has been assumed dead for year" His voice was like fire and Logan raised a brow "So you're a missing person?"

"Nah. Imma dead person"

"Well you are here right now so I wouldn't say your dead"

"Well the law says otherwise" He snapped clearly fed up with talking to Logan. He had a shiver worthy glare in his eyes. And that's when it hit Logan

"You're Delilah Willows. The girl who was all over the news a year ago. And a little boy's older brother who misses you to much to say"

They paused for a moment then smirked "I'm not Delilah and never really was."

"Oh? Then what should I call you then?"

"...Janus. You may call me Janus."

"Alright then. And what do you say about the little brother?"

"Tell Virgil one word about this and I'll be all too happy to take him back." 

"So you mean kidnapping him?"

"Well- I would say a dead person can't really commit a crime?"

"Valid. and so you are Virgil's older brother."

"I believe I'm done talking to you Logan."

And with that Janus ran past Logan and he turns out he's fast

"Janus wait!"

"Your raising a suicidal! " Janus yelled quickly before turning the street corner and into oblivion. Also farther into the town of smokers, drug addicts, alcoholics, and violence which worried Logan more then he could say. and everything Janus had said to him. 

He hoped so much against facts for once in his life that what he was thinking wasn't what happened. He felt sick at the thought. Lucky for him there was waste bin nearby and he heaved {Logan really doesn't like child abuse. So should everyone on earth}

The rain was still heavy and Logan was sorry that he couldn't have given him his jacket as Janus seemed to still be in the the Saint Yale's schoolgirl uniform that he had went missing with. However he did have light yellow sweater and new shoes. Both Logan recognized from the sale at one f the shops at the mall, if he remembered correctly Hot Topic. Maybe if he checked there sometimes he would find him again. 

He sure hoped so. He didn't want the teen to get caught up in something worse then he already was in.

And then he remembered he had never told Janus his name at all. Maybe he knew him from somewhere else and maybe they talked much more often then Logan had thought at first. 

He knew Janus wasn't safe at all.

And he wasn't

Hiding  in this town never goes right for long.

As a formor runaway himself, though it was only for week he knew that for fact.