CHAPTER 14| Welcoming A New Bond

This is it guys! The last chapter :'(

Azira couldn't believe what Athena had just said to her for how could it be true? How was such a thing possible? An ocean of questions formed in her mind as she tried to digest this new revelation.

'Dracula's soulmate.' The words replayed in her mind.

No. There had to be some tricks. It had to be a joke to only get on her nerves. It couldn't be. She had encountered countless male vampires before but never did she once experience that. Then, why was it happening with him when she didn't even know him? Why? Why him?

"No. I don't believe you, Athena. You're kidding me. Just...just stop this nonsense about me having that mark or whatever it is." She said, entering into denial mode.

"I'm sorry Milady but it is true. You do have the mark." Athena murmured.

She reached out for Azira's left hand and gently pulled up the sleeve of her dress coat, revealing the mark which was indeed embedded on her skin with the same writings as Dracula's written under it.

"Convinge-te singur, Milady." The witch spoke softly.
[Translation: See for yourself]

Getting off the couch, Azira rushed to her bathroom and as she stood in front of the sink, she took in some soap and rubbed it on the mark. She scrubbed and scrubbed but it didn't go away. She even tried clawing it out but only ended with a bruised wrist.

Athena dashed into the bathroom and caught hold of both her hands before she could inflict any more damage to herself. She opened the tap and dragged her wrist under the running water such that the blood washed away, earning a hiss from Azira. Closing the tap, she dapped a towel on the wet skin before wrapping it up with a small bandage, which Azira tore off.

"It will never leave you, Regina mea." She whispered.
[Translation: My Queen]

"I guess I'll have to get used to it." The vampiress sighed in defeat.

Just then the guard who was posted to watch on the Count and report about him tried to gain access to their mind-link.

She allowed him and he delivered the following, 'Forgive me for my intrusion, Regina mea. Our guest is awake.'
[Translation: My Queen]

'Okay. Thank you, Nicolai.' She replied before closing the link.

Azira repeated out loud the information to Athena who nodded in response and both women made their way to the guest room where Dracula was. He was in a sitting position when they arrived and she had to refrain herself from roaming her eyes all over his bare torso which was exposed for it was both weird and inappropriate, considering the current situation.

Athena approached the Count but the moment she extended her hand toward him, he menacingly growled at her and she instantly backed away as red flashed in his dark orbs. She tried again but to no avail as he just kept glaring at her in warning.

Holding her hands up in surrender and sighing, she turned toward Azira for help and the latter shook her head in denial. But, she eventually gave up to Athena's pleading gaze for after all, he wouldn't hurt his soulmate, right?

She took in a deep breath to calm her nervousness and the tango that her nerves were performing at the thought of getting closer to him. She nodded to the witch and walked up to the bed where she sat at the lower edge of it so as not to be in too close proximity to him. And of course, to prevent her body and nerves from behaving strangely, especially due to his intense gaze which was glued on her.