Chapter Two - New Homes, New Obstacles

With their basic instincts, the five friends covered their faces and shut their eyes. Not knowing if the flames would kill them in an instant, but a ray of lightning passed by them with a bright, gold light covering the area. Piercing through the dark, purple flames came a large, golden barrier that deflected the flames in an instant. Seconds after seeing the golden barrier, the entity was caught off guard and forced to back away. "You and your pitiful outbursts. Didn't I teach you better Nick?" Smoke came out of Nick's nose after hearing those words. His body began to transform back to normal slowly. Putting down his arms, he still had his eyes closed, "Is it over?" Angel asked lightly. The others opened their eyes and were surprised to still be alive. The smoke around them cleared and revealed the warrior that saved them. "Good morning my king... I'm sorry for acting this way but I don't like these people. They don't deserve to be here." The entity they knew from before transformed into a young man with dark, black hair that covered the left side of his face.

Each of the five were left with blank looks. It was ludicrous to think that they were just on the way to California and now they've somehow been transported to a world where the legends they've heard of before have become reality before their very eyes. Placing his arms at his side, Carlos walked forward, keeping his friends near, looking at Nick in the eyes," What's going on? Why did you bring us here? This is all so confusing." Nick crosses his arms and scoffed, but the other warrior turned around with a bright smile, "I'll answer that for you. What's going on is that my subordinate decided to talk to you before I could. The reason why you all are here is because my world as I know it will die soon and I need help from you... humans. You are my world's salvation." The clothing they wore were fit for adventures. Backpacks fit for exploring, clothing with pads, and even a sword at their sides or even on their back. Nick had a longsword placed inside a scabbard on his back and was wearing all black except for his bright purple eyes. The king had clean white and gold clothing alongside his golden sword at his side.

"Salvation? You contain some kind of supernatural power and we don't. How are we going to save your world?" Carlos then looked towards the king and caught a glimpse of his grey eyes. They seemed so unnatural from the colors he's seen before. Looking his way, the king gave Nick a certain gesture which ordered him to leave. Only leaving behind a cloud of dust slowly falling towards the floor. "Don't worry. I will teach you. Everyone contains a mystical energy inside of them and it can turn into something amazing only if you want it to, so if you're ready for the challenge. You can stay here in my world where I will give you a home, food, and proper essentials for any of your needs. If not, I can properly send you back home where my associate grabbed you from. You won't have any memory of this place and you'll just move on, so... who's with me?" Holding up his arms in a kind manner, he looked towards the five of them. Angel raised his hand up slowly, "Does that mean you're our servant??" The king locked eyes with Angel, "I can already tell you're going to annoy me so just put your hand down." Nodding slowly, Angle bit his lip and put his hands behind his back while slowly shuffling behind Luis so he couldn't be seen.

Turning to his friends expecting some kind of sign, Carlos only saw them at a loss for words, so he turned back to the king. "How can we trust you? You suddenly transport us here away from our lives and expect us to help you? Damn I could be in a coma right now." Wiping his face in frustration, he couldn't believe in the situation they were in. "That's true and there's no way I can prove it to you. The only thing I can ask is..." The king walked forward and held out his hand. With a bright white smile, revealed his confident sterling grey eyes, and shared a serious look with Carlos, "Do you believe?" His words almost pulled Carlos straight towards him, but their eyes locked and they both shared a serious look, "I'm ready. You guys coming with? We've got nothing better to do." Looking back towards his friends, his best friend stepped forward, "In the name of god I will decapitate anything that brings us harm. Let's get this party started." Gareth and Carlos shared a fist bump and looked towards the others. "If there's food involved. You know I'm going to be there." Following along, Angel stood at their side. Anthony shrugged and stepped forward with his hands in his pockets. "If it gets me out of the house. I'm in." Lastly was Luis. He looked at the king with a smug look, "I'll do it on one condition." "What condition is that?" "When I get a sword. I want it to be like twice my size." A moment of silence was left between them before the king finally gave in. "Fine. But it's not my fault if you can't wield the thing. Now that you have all agreed. I can take you to your new home." Giving him a concerned look Carlos stopped him before he could go on, "What will happen to our lives outside of this world? I don't think we can necessarily put it on pause." "Don't worry about that. Nothing will have changed in your world. You'll just remember what happened here. Now, no more questions. Let's go."