Chapter Seventeen - True Colors

Standing before him, Angel tried to stay calm but his hands constantly shook with fear as Nick was intimidating him with a single glare. In unison, the contestants and the crowd matched with the countdown, "Three... Two... One!" Intensely grunting, Nick lunged himself forward with dark purple flames igniting around his fists. Without wasting a single second, Angel raised both of his arms, "I call a timeout! Please tell me I can do that." Slightly caught off guard, Nick stopped and glanced towards Lisa. Biting her nails vigorously, she gave Angel a simple nod, "You have five minutes. Make it quick!"

With a frustrated grunt, Nick extinguished his flames and growled silently as Angel rushed towards the Academy's bathrooms. Sharing a couple looks, Gareth, Luis, and Anthony gave out a friendly grunt before following Angel into the bathrooms together. Shutting the door behind them, they searched the bathroom and realized that Angel locked himself into one of the bathroom's stalls. Leaning against the door, Gareth crossed his arms, "How are you holding up?" Taking each side, Luis and Anthony leaned against the walls and heard Angel's panting. Slightly shaking, he took in a deep breath before stepping outside, "I-I'm okay. These are just nerves. Nothing's wrong guys." Faking his confidence, Anthony punched his back from behind and startled him deeply, "Look. There's no reason for you to be scared at this point. You have this no problem. I've seen you fight. No one can match your wind man. All you have to do is give it everything you've got and you might defeat the strongest guy here." Exhaling sharply, Angel looked towards Luis who grasped the end of his longsword, "You can even use my sword if you think it helps. Remember, you're the wild card and the underdog. You've got this no problem." Finally feeling confident, Angel was able to stay calm and feel his hands starting to become stable, "Thanks guys. That's what I needed at a moment like this. It's my time to end this punk right here and now." Hyping himself up, the guys joined in by chanting his name but on the way out, he stayed at the door and smiled nervously. Confused by his intentions, the three of them looked at Angel, "I actually have to go to the bathroom. I'll be out in a min!" Acting like himself, the guys couldn't help but smile as he ran into one of the bathroom stalls and locked himself in. Walking away, the group stood at the same spot and waited for Angel happily. Unaware of what was happening, Angel was minding his own business and suddenly heard a soft voice coming from the stall beside him. Startledly gasping, he slowly turned his head and witnessed black boots appear. Pulling up his pants, he didn't realize that this stranger was holding a paper out for him. Hesitating at first, Angel watched as the stranger spun the paper around before he grabbed it out of his hands. Opening it slowly, his eyes widened after he mumbled what was written to himself.

A couple minutes past before Lisa picked up the microphone, "It's been five minutes. I'm sorry Angel but I hereby-," Tugging at her arm, Stella pointed at Angel who barely walked out of the bathroom. "I'm sorry. I'm ready now." Picking up his pace, he jumped onto the arena and looked directly into Nick's eyes. "Interesting. I expected you to stay there until you were disqualified. Maybe you're not worthless after all." Activating his side again, Nick raised his hands and watched Angel take a deep breath in before he did the same. "I'm more than that. You're going to lose today. I'm going to make sure of that." The countdown started once again but everyone stayed quiet.

Firmly digging his heels into the sand, Nick's black veins pulsed with power as his smile grew wider. Angel took in deep breaths and exhaled slowly before he looked around the arena. Angel's silent mumbling made Nick question his intentions but focusing on Angel, he was completely distracted to the point where he didn't see the countdown reach one. In a quick fashion, Angel used his wind to lunge forward as if he was flying. Clenching his fist, Angel's small grin disappeared once Nick instantly dodged his attack and appeared behind him. Being able to catch himself, Angel climbed onto his feet and faced Nick with only inches of dirt separating them. Lowering himself slightly, Nick grunted as flames ignited around his fists, "Are you ready for this?" Inhaling quickly, he exhaled sharply. Using his breath, Nick strutted his new technique and created a beam of flames to strike near Angel's feet but once it came in contact with the floor. Generating combustion near his feet, Angel luckily jumped up quickly and used his wind to launch himself higher than before to barely dodge the explosion. "It won't be that easy. Even if that was pretty sick. You're not going to be able to touch me. Not when I have this!" Reaching into his pocket while slightly hovering, Angel pulled out the Zyno Armor and slapped it onto his right foot. Scoffing at his decision, Nick leaped off his right leg and stretched out his left arm with his hand filled with dark purple flames. Thinking quick on his feet, Angel released powerful winds that extinguished Nick's flames and launched him towards the arena at high speeds. "I got him!" Falling towards the arena, Angel seemed happy but when he saw Nick roll backwards after hitting the ground and jumping up onto his feet, he had to take a step back before seeing the ferocious look in Nick's eyes.